RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
To Facebook or not to Facebook

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Hmm, I'm trying to decide whether or not to sign up for a Facebook page.

I've never really much of a fan of social networking sites, I had tried Bebo once before, just because everyone I knew had one, but gave up on it after a few days. Now I'm trying to decide whether I should sign up for Facebook or not.

I've heard a lot of negative information about Facebook's privacy settings recently, which makes me slightly wary.

A lot of people I know use Facebook, which would be a reason for signing up, but I don't want any information becoming public that I don't want.

What are you guys opinions on Facebook, should I get one?

Cheers.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
My opinions on privacy on the internet. DON'T EVER PUT ON THE INTERNET WHAT YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW. Anyone could potentially find out what you said anywhere, no matter how well your information is protected. It's as simple as that.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I would advise against it if you dislike social networking sites. If you really don't want your person information up there, you can just not fill it in.

Also, between the biweekly privacy and security updates, it's pretty hard to tell what is actually being shown to other people and what information that you can hide from marketing agents.

Rep:
Level 83
Also, between the biweekly privacy and security updates, it's pretty hard to tell what is actually being shown to other people and what information that you can hide from marketing agents.

This. It annoys me greatly.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Just have a "shell" facebook page. Mine's pretty much that. It has one (public) photo, my name and my age. All applications, sharing info etc, are blocked.
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
My opinions on privacy on the internet. DON'T EVER PUT ON THE INTERNET WHAT YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW. Anyone could potentially find out what you said anywhere, no matter how well your information is protected. It's as simple as that.
That bolded part is important. I even had a kid at my school suspended because he wrote "I'm going to kill (some faculty member's name)." I mean, wtf

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I have to go with Roph here. They ramped up the privacy settings recently due to the bad rep, though.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
If you're worried about the security and that it might disappear because you joined... then do it. Security is fine. Don't put shit up that you don't want seen. You'll be fine. Facebook isn't going anywhere so that's a stupid excuse.

Rep:
Level 83
I dont care doesnt mean I dont understand
If you have a girl friend don't open a Facebook page because she will first get your password from you (by force) second she will delete your friends she doesnt like(and all other girls) ,the photos she doesnt like, the fan pages she doesnt like , etc. she doesnt like. And third she will tell you to use your facebook but you wont be able to use it because of her. She will always change everything the way she likes. [EXPERIENCED!]

But if you dont have a girl friend.. go on , its ok.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:35:56 PM by virusasa »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
If you have a girl friend don't open a Facebook page because she will first get your password from you (by force) second she will delete your friends she doesnt like(and all other girls) ,the photos she doesnt like, the fan pages she doesnt like , etc. she doesnt like. And third she will tell you to use your facebook but you wont be able to use it because of her. She will always change everything the way she likes. [EXPERIENCED!]

Maybe you should have been a little more of a MAN and a little less WHIPPED and not told her your password in the first place.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 83

Maybe you should have been a little more of a MAN and a little less WHIPPED and not told her your password in the first place.

Believe me.. She was not someone you cant refuse... =/ I mean.. You know.. Bed times etc..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:04:27 PM by virusasa »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Believe me.. She is not someone you cant refuse... =/ I mean.. You know.. Bed times etc..

"No."
If she's really that smotheringly controlling, then it isn't a healthy relationship.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 83
Well it has ended a long time ago when she said :"Dont play World of Warcraft !"

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Just have a "shell" facebook page. Mine's pretty much that. It has one (public) photo, my name and my age. All applications, sharing info etc, are blocked.

Cheers for all the replies.
I'ma follow Roph's advice here. Thanks for the help everyone.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.