RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The HELL is Cthulhu?

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Could someone inform me of this? It's kinda freaking me out   :o
Feed my dragons your clicks! Please...? Or they'll die, and I'll be really sad... I already named them and everything.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
word filter for  G o d

any time you type it, it replaces it with god

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

Anski thought it would be funny to add a word filter that changes the word God to Cthulhu.

Also, Jesus becomes something like Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Surprised it wasn't Roph.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Could someone inform me of this? It's kinda freaking me out   :o

use google in the future.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
And in the present.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
And...in the past.

Just sayan'

Spoiler for:
Super Sayan

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
Cthulhu is a primordial entity associated with the Old Ones and the Elder Gods, who worships beings like Azathoth, the gibbering idiot star being at the center of the cosmos. Cthulhu is, more or less astronomically powerful, insane, possessed of sinister intelligence beyond mortal comprehension, psychic, and amorphous. It ranges in size from a buick to the Dubai Burj superscraper, and has been known to stand waste deep in the ocean and devour ships. It is a kind of interstellar alien entity with multidimensional attributes, and yet,

is nothing but a high priest to even more twisted, insane, non euclidean hyperdimensional entities representing the incarnations of the forces and aspects of the "other" part of human non understanding - the ineffable aspect.

The Cthulhu mythology was designed by HP lovecraft and inspired by Babylonian research conducted by classic cultists such as John Dee and the more recent Aleister Crowley, although they did not know each other personally. The most accurate portrayals of what Cthulhu means can be found in the following three films:

Cloverfield - a decent example of what Cthulhu would be like minus the interdimensional/sinister psychic aspect
Stephen Kings the Mist - solid representation of dimensional and psychological aspect, but on a smaller, less diabolical scale
Event Horizon - excellent representation of the sinister intelligence and psychic presence, but lacking in physical presence

Combine the three and understanding Cthulhu becomes a bit easier. Zalgo is an internet mem inspired by Cthulhu.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:18:57 AM by shintashi »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
That was very informative! I'm glad I read it- I learned something.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
That was informative.

And yet I've learned nothing. Except that Cthulhu is a filter for Cthulhu.

Edit: Crap, it really is a filter.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:19:05 AM by cozziekuns »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
jesus god jesus god jesus god jesus god jesus god

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
After reading the information posted about Cthulhu, I am now very (more) disappointed with The Call of Cthulu.

God this filter is awesome.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
ic wutchu did ther

god god god god god god god god god god god Cthulhu

edit:
lol at google ads here.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:17:23 AM by grafikal »