RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP Problem

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...

When I go on RMXP and try to open my game, it gives me an error saying Unexpected File Format. I tried opening other games and they open fine. It seems that it's only my game...  Any suggestions as to what I should do? I'm kinda pissed off right now.
Feed my dragons your clicks! Please...? Or they'll die, and I'll be really sad... I already named them and everything.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Check the files in your game folder manually, chances are something in there isn't supported by RMXP. Just a theory though. Also, have you ever self importated a
file into rmxp like lets say you went through this.

File won't go into rmxp, but you really want this character file. So you take the file, copy it then go into your game file in rmxp (or wherever you keep it) and
use ctrl + v (or paste with right click) and pasted in there.

From what I understand following that method I just typed up, it could cause errors within RMXP. Is that something you did, otherwise I would check
what you importaed into RMXP. It's been awhile since I've worked with RMXP, and I haven't worked with RMXP in forever now, so this is just a theory.

Also P.S.
Hopefully a mod will move the folder but this actually goes in the RMXP Troubleshoot folder, or something like that. Its in RMXP folder
or so on the main forum page (It's been awhile, since then and things have changed so I cannot be sure what's it called) but I'm sure a mod
will move this.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
If you mean that I went into my actual game folder and saved a pic in there, then yeah, I did :)

Should I delete it or what? Move it?
Feed my dragons your clicks! Please...? Or they'll die, and I'll be really sad... I already named them and everything.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
how are you not sure if this was the place to post this topic or not. it is obviously not the correct place. i don't even think you looked at the main forum at all. it specifically has a forum called "Technical Support" and if you'd have looked for a second longer than that, you'd notice the "RMXP Troubleshooting" forum. This is where is should have gone. I will move it there for you so that it causes no further confusion.

If you mean that I went into my actual game folder and saved a pic in there, then yeah, I did :)

Should I delete it or what? Move it?

I don't see how placing an image in there would directly affect the reason why you cannot open your game, but if what Ruzu says has truth, then yes. Delete or just move it out of the folder. I can't think off the top of my head what file extensions XP can use, but you should ONLY ever be using PNG files for resources.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Thanks, grafikal -.-

Screw it, I'll just delete my game and start over. Problem solved, right? I really didn't have THAT much progress done. (sarcasm) And yeah, I probably should have posted it in the troubleshooting forum, cause I saw that there WAS one right after I posted it. I was kind of freaking out because my game won't open, but whatever. Thanks for understanding, grafikal. x.x