RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Underground areas

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
I will protect the future!
My game calls for a city only reachable if you dig your way there, so could there be a way to make it so that if you are standing above the area and press a key (G preferred) you will go into a digging screen with % of way to city I'll show an example:
 Keep in mind, it's just a crude sketch. The faster you tap G the quicker you go downward.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
One, you could probably do this with events and some graphical know-how.

Two, with the number of requests you've made lately, you might want to take a step back and just make something simpler to start yourself off with, since you're still fairly new to using RMVX. I mean this with no disrespect.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Yeah, you could definately do this with events.

Since you'll never learn anything if I just tell you the answers, I'll be nice and give you a few hints.

- Get to know the move route function.
- Labels and Loops are your best friend.
- Variables are cool.

And biggest of all:

DON'T MAKE A SCRIPT FOR SOMETHING YOU CAN DO WITH EVENTS.

(Take Zylos' advice too, start off with something simpler. We don't want to do calculus when we haven't even mastered algebra, no?)

Hmmm... well... I could give it a try... I guess...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I assume this is for a mini-game? If so (or not, either way) you'll have to create a way to make the player feel like he's actually in a side scroller and only on 2 dimensions. You'll have to event it in such a way that there is no way for the player to walk up or down, but only from side to side. The up/down exception is when they're digging. That's why you'll be using the movement commands a lot.

Thanks for the info.