RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Chord Progressions for the Guitar

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I need help thinking of "original" progressions. ._.

I want to make a song involving lyrics, but for f's sake - I'm tired of the same chords over and over. I - V - vi - IV (especially first inversion on that V. hurrr Collide chords and 90% of contemporary pop songs) and stuffs like that are blech.

Also, I really like maj7 chords but I feel like they've been overused a bit, too.

I guess one thing I could be asking for is any types of chords that sound particularly... beautiful, for a lack of a better word, that are more... exotic than plain ol' major and minor chords.

Something I also wanna try to do is modulation, except whenever I try to modulate with a pivot chord, it always sounds so forced. ._.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:55:28 AM by irock »