RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Bleeding Heroes | Video Concept!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Some of you may remember this piece from earlier this year:
Download http://www.ryanleber.com/temp/bleeding_heroes.mp3
Well, I'm making a video for it! This time, I'm going to make a cartoon. (I'm thinking my new title should be Composer and Multimedia Artist, pretty soon.) However, I have basically no experience with this, lol. It'll be a very crude, "stylized" kind of cartoon. I opened up Adobe illustrator and was AMAZED at what it did for me. I just kind of drew a little samurai buddy, and it turned out like this! (attached image). So I took that into photoshop and threw together a background.

The video will progress like so (very rough, sketchy version):
There are three (3) samurai warriors, returning from a glorious battle. They traverse across the vast fields, cherry blossoms (or leaves) blowing across in the wind. (tonality change in music at 0:56) Straggling bandits attack! The samurai's fight off their assailants! But in a slow-motion, LONG SLASH across screen kind of way. 1:28: One of them falls. They bury him (not depicted, I'll just show him wounded on the ground with the two samurai above him, and them fade to shot of a grave) and sadly move on (at 1:55). This repeats again, until only one is left. He struggles, bloodied and bruised (but not TOO graphically) until he almost can't go on! By now, it's the last 20~ seconds of the piece, and the tonality shifts to major (3:20ish), as the last samurai is greeted by his wife and child rushing over to him. Hugs. Fade out into something stylish like cherry blossoms or whatever.

The concept image (attached) is more or less what the video will look like, but obviously a little cleaner, and I haven't really decided on colors yet.

SO! Here's where you can help me:

1.) Comments on the samurai guy design.
2.) Comments on video storyboard?
3.) Colors?
4.) What should I use to throw this all together? Flash? Final Cut? I'm not really 100% sure how to proceed...
5.) ANYTHING else at all? Like, some photoshop brushes I might like, or any other design tips?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:15:42 PM by boe »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'd like to see it with lots of sharp angles and strong lines, as it would work well for the straw hats, katanas, leaves, and faces.
I'd also like it to be black and white, with sepia styled shading, and red for emphasis points.  Just a cool style I think it would work well in.  I'd say use flash.