RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to make an inn?[PROBLEM SOLVED]

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Hey i want to make an inn..i mean like i can check in at the inn ..How?also how to make graphic event move?like people moving one place to other,people going out from door.How?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:15:59 AM by syafiqpilot »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
To make a simple and successful Inn, do something like this:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Text:
    Welcome! A night's stay is only 10 G. Would you like to stay a night?
Choice Branch:
    >Yes:
          Conditional Branch: IF [Gold] > 10 G
                >I'm sorry, you don't seem to have enough money to stay the night.
                >Exit Event Processing
          ELSE:
                Text:
                     Have a good night!
                Decrease Gold: -10
                Tint Screen: -255,-255,-255 30Frame(s)
                SE: (whatever sound effect you want for a good sleep)
                Party Recover ALL
                Wait: 60 Frame(s)
                Tint Screen: 0,0,0 30Frames(s)
                Exit Event Processing
    >No Thanks:
           Text:
                Ok. Please come back if you need a good night's sleep.
           Exit Event Processing
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

So basically, you walk up to the NPC, the player interacts with the event and the first thing that happens is a text message from the NPC is displayed telling you the price and asking if you want to stay the night. Just after that, a choice box will appear with a YES or NO answer. If yes, then there's a conditional statement checking if you have the correct amount of gold to stay the night. If you do, then the NPC will display a text message, you'll lose 10 gold (for the price), the screen will take 30 frames to fade to black, a sound effect will play denoting that you're sleeping or something, the whole party will recover their stats, the screen will stay black for about 2 seconds, then take 30 frames to fade back to normal. Then you're done. If you do NOT accept sleeping the night, then the NPC will display a text message saying that you can comeback whenever.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,32016.0.html

:mad:

Also, to make people move, just use the move event command.

To make a simple and successful Inn, do something like this:

Text:
    Welcome! A night's stay is only 10 G. Would you like to stay a night?
Choice Branch:
    >Yes:
                >Exit Event Processing
          ELSE:
                Text:
                     Have a good night!
                Party Recover ALL
                Exit Event Processing
    >No Thanks:
           Text:
                Ok. Please come back if you need a good night's sleep.
           Exit Event Processing

So basically, you walk up to the NPC, the player interacts with the event and the first thing that happens is a text message from the NPC is displayed telling you the price and asking if you want to stay the night. Just after that, a choice box will appear with a YES or NO answer. If yes, then there's a conditional statement checking if you have the correct amount of gold to stay the night. If you do, then the NPC will display a text message, you'll lose 10 gold (for the price), the screen will take 30 frames to fade to black, a sound effect will play denoting that you're sleeping or something, the whole party will recover their stats, the screen will stay black for about 2 seconds, then take 30 frames to fade back to normal. Then you're done. If you do NOT accept sleeping the night, then the NPC will display a text message saying that you can comeback whenever.

Okay but i'm using RPG Maker xp..So is it the same ?

Okay i just create my own inn style using the event :) Thnx for the help anyways

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
syafiqpilot I was wondering if It worked cause I found I minor error in the Event.

grafikal I don't mean to be picky but for people who are new and are trying to find tutorials i would like to add that you got the

Conditional branch: If [GOLD] > 10G Sequence.

Switched with:

The Branches Else statement.

I don't want to seem like ocdish but ya that all.

I you want to check /just read this over,

>Exit Event Processing
          ELSE:
                Text:
                     Have a good night!
                Party Recover ALL
                Exit Event Processing
    >No Thanks:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
First of all, the thread is several months old and the original poster has long since left (new people who come just for resources and advice tend to do so once they've found what they're looking for).

Secondly... what the heck is different about what you wrote and what Grafikal wrote? The event should work just fine with the commands that he gave.