RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
BearFists

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
I'm making a city That doesn't let you have weapons so 2 things
1.How do I disable weapons
2. How do I equip BearFists when the player doesn't have any weapons

And how do you spell BearFists  :(

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
do you mean Paws?

:o
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
First off, it's bare fists. Bare means open, exposed, naked. A bear is something you encounter in the woods or stalking after little girls on the internet. If you have bearfists, I'm gonna go ahead and call furry. :V

Secondly, going without weapons depends on what maker you are using. You remove the weapons the same way in each RPG Maker by manually doing so with events, just by clicking the Change Equipment command. It's slightly different between XP and VX though for disabling the equipping of weapons.

Thank you for correcting my spelling and I'm using XP

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Well, thinking about it, there IS a cheap way to disable weapons instead of doing any complicated script calls or whatnot to fix having nothing at all there. What you do is you first remove all of their weapons manually with the Change Equipment command. Then, all you have to do is to make a duplicate of the character's class but with them no longer able to wield the weapons they had before. For example, if your character was a fighter, make a second fighter class that does not allow the character to wield swords. Simply change the character's class with the Change Actor Class command, and voila. No more weapons allowed.

However, the ability to fight without a weapon is much harder on XP than VX. Without a weapon, the attack number becomes 0, so you're not going to do any damage. Therefore! You're gonna need to do some basic script edits in the Game Actor script.

Code: [Select]
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Get Basic Attack Power
  def base_atk
    weapon = $data_weapons[@weapon_id]
    return weapon != nil ? weapon.atk : 0
  end

This here is your basic attack power. That 0 represents your attack power without a weapon, so to attack without a weapon, that will need to be changed. Change the 0 to something around 100, which is a little less than the weakest rod attack.

Code: [Select]
  # * Get Target Animation ID for Normal Attacks
  def animation2_id
    weapon = $data_weapons[@weapon_id]
    return weapon != nil ? weapon.animation2_id : 0
  end

This here is the animation for your attack. If you don't have a weapon, you're not going to have an animation. Once again, you're going to need to change that. That 0 there represents the animation ID in your database tab. Change that to the ID number of whatever animation you want to use for a weaponless attack. I'd recommend changing it to 4.

This should allow you to attack even without a weapon.

Don't like script That much how about a weapon called Bare Fists How Would you automatically equip then when no other weapons are equipped

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Automatically equipping a weapon when there is no weapon would require more scripting than what I just showed you and be more a fair bit more complicated. You'd need to actually have however many sets of bare fists in your inventory as are in your party, and you'd still have to go in and edit a script. The way I described requires you to only change two variables, both easily located if you look in the Game_Actor script.

You sure you want an actual weapon called bare fists? It'll be harder for you.

Well I Will Give it up for now Thanks for the help