RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Looking for story developers, artists, and composers~

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
Parallel Lines - Recruitment

See the Parallel Lines topic for more information.

What I need

- Spriters - although I have two able spriters at work on this, one's away on holiday for a week and the other doesn't have a mouse. Dx More help would be greatly appreciated. UPDATE: Both spriters are working at FULLSPEED. =D
- Artists - primarily for facesets. My main concern is to get a single 'neutral' expression faceset for each character down, but if somebody's happy to make expressions, (although that will be a lot of work - there are nine characters, even if one of the characters' faces is covered by a mask) then they're free to do so.
- Brainstormers - as a free-roam game, Parallel Lines will have multitudes of quest lines, freeform and documented using modern algebra's Quest Journal v1.1. I need INSPIRATION behind these plotlines - amongst other stuff - so, essentially, I need people to inspire. This job is essentially the same as a story developer.
- Background-makers - these would be backgrounds made from VX, essentially like the ones in Drunken Paladin's Tales of the Drunken Paladin. I can do this, but with eventing and mapping coinciding, it does seem that someone taking a small load off of my back could help immensely.
- Composers - After all, what is a game without music?

What I have

Spriters (3 positions filled, 1 position empty)

- RurouniH (offsite)
- Dark Kaizer (offsite) (CHIEF SPRITER! :3)
- cozziekuns
- Position open

Faceset Artists (1 position filled, 1 position empty)

- IAMFORTE
- Position open

Brainstormers/Story Developers (4 positions filled)

- Sky_of_Order (CHIEF BRAINSTORMER! :3)
- ArcticPhoenix (Offsite) (Co-CHIEF BRAINSTORMER! :3)
- DarkKaizer (OFFSITE)
- NullandVoid (OFFSITE)

Background makers (1 position filled, 1 position empty)

- Sky_of_Order
- Position open.

Composers (2 positions filled)

- n3wman918
- NullandVoid (Offsite)

Phaaze22 (Offsite) is pending.

...wow, I realise how much I essentially overuse the word 'essentially'....

What I aim to achieve

- To have a full team assembled and a detailed project analysis (WITH SCREENSHOTS) by 1st May 2010.
- To have all 9 character sets finished by 1st May 2010. (DONE)
- To have all 9 facesets finished by 1st June 2010.
- To have a working demo ready by 1st July 2010.
- To have a full soundtrack ready by 1st July 2010.
- To have a base soundtrack ready by 1st June 2010.
- To have all my resources collected and ready to go (music, graphics, databasing) by 31st July 2010.

As you can see, I aim to achieve quite a lot by the end of July. With a bigger team at my side, it should make stuff a lot easier.

What I can reward

I apologise in advance; my skills are fairly limited and I'm broke; this game is just for leisure, to be honest, but here's what I can offer.

- A written piece, poetry or prose (I've never had anyone want this as a reward, but the offer still stands)
- A large Easter Egg or independent quest in Parallel Lines.
- My undying friendship (compulsory)

Although I have no successful projects up, I do have a repertoire of half-done attempts with shitty scripting, mapping, etc... but I've trained since then. This project is also crammed full of scripts that will hopefully make the game as interesting and efficient as possible.

So... there's my pitch. Are there any questions?

~SoO
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:01:45 PM by Sky_Of_Order »
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Might be a good way to kill some time. I'm in.

As for my talents, I'm not quite sure where I fit in. I guess I can be something of everything. Consider me a jack of all trades, not that bad at anything, not that good either.

So, I guess I could be a:

- Spriter
 - Face-Artist
 - Scripter
 - Composer (But I'm a better Spriter/Face-Artist)

Note: I'll only be working 4 out of 7 days of the week, and not so much until the summer holidays as I have school.

Rep:
Level 84
You're definitely on as a spriter and face-artist, I don't want to give you too much work to do.

Which four days will those be?
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Unless something happens.

Rep:
Level 84
Brilliant. Have you got an example of any previous work that you've done (character sets, spritesheets, single faces, etc) for RPG Maker? Specifically VX?

(I'll be asking this of anyone who's interested, so, if you think you might be, get some stuff ready xD)
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
You'll probably have to wait till tommorow, since I don't have RPG Maker or anything about RPG Maker on my laptop. Sorry.

EDIT: Found something :D (Not the best though...), and it's a work in progress.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:04:17 AM by cozziekuns »

Rep:
Level 84
Well, that seems like some good enough work... I have a little problem regarding faceset art. I have an artist who is an excellent artist on pen and paper. If I import her nine 96x96 faces - in maybe ink or pencil - can you remaster and colour them? I know it seems like a large job, but it'll be one of your main ones :/
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
Bump. Spriters are no longer necessary, though faceset artists and composers are still open - and we need you, guys. xD Send me a PM or post up here (latter would be preferred).
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Do you still need a composer?