RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
autotile help

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I was wondering if anyone had an easy explanation on how to create a autotile? Specifically a water one.   I have one that when it's used, the water is kind of sectioned.  Is this because it's too round and not square enough? 

Files attached below, any help would be appreciated =)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's because the edges are too tight around the middle. I've attached a template to this post.

Square 1 is what shows up in the palette - it doesn't affect what is drawn in-game. You probably don't need me to go over everything; I can if you want, but mostly, square 11 is where you are having your trouble. It is that square that repeats for the center of water. What is going on with yours is that some of the shoreline is within that square, so it's repeating.

To fix it, just move the shore a little more away from the center and make sure nothing is in 11 that you don't want repeating.

But IDK, I downloaded yours and it looks like all of that is appropriate (and it works fine when I tested it), so maybe it is how you're drawing it? Did you shift-copy a section and then repeat or something?

Also, I think your 2, 3, 4, 5 squares are messed up. What you have as 3 should be 4 and vice versa. Similarly what you have in the 2 square should be in the 5 square and viceversa.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:37:32 PM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Thanks very much for the reply (and sorry for the late response) I'll tweak it as you say and  hope it does the trick =)