RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] FFXII hunt system

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
hi, im looking for a script that will give the player a hunt feature similar to FFXII

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I haven't played FFXII and I don't know what a hunt feature is. Please explain.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Basically, you just go to a poster board and inspect it. It then shows you a list of available rare monsters you can hunt. I forget if it gives you any info on where it's at specifically. I think it might just give you the general region the monster can be found. But then you go find the monster, kill it, then return for a reward. That hunt is then crossed off the board. So as you progress through the game, more hunts show up on the board. The boards are in the pubs. That's the gist.

yea thats basically what im looking for. im trying to add a new dimension to my game instead of some of the other...i guess you can call them 'side-quest' ideas i've seen

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
So, what you want is just a menu basically, and when you choose an option it turns on a switch?

SHould there be any info on the quest? What should the scene look like? Can I have a mockup?

uhmm, i dont think a mock-up is possible for this kind of...im not sure what to call it. could i possibly show a video?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
He just wants to know what the menu screen looks like while you pick the hunt. You're failing at describing things.

yea i realized that ^_-

well okay thats pretty easy

--------------------------------------
                       l                     MARKS                      l
                       l-------------------------------------l
                       l                                                    l
                       l xmonsters namex                            l
                       l xmonsters namex                            l
                       --------------------------------------

so on and so forth. thats really the best way i can depict it. the max for how many enemy names can go on the board should be about 10. you scroll down to the name, click it, and get an option to accept the hunt or not. once you except the hunt is THE ONLY time the enemy will appear. once killed, im guessing a switch would be activated which allows the player to recieve their award for killing it....any better??                                 

damn, i really fucked that up...it was supposed to be a box ^_-

Rep:
Level 97
So, that's it, it's just a box; is it in the middle of the screen, to the left? Does the map show up behind it? There's no info whatsoever on what the monster is or where it can be found, just it's name? It looks like the attached?

I got to say, that's really ugly and nondescript, but I can do it for you if you want.

;9 im sorry its like 1:30 in the morning and im tired as hell. let me try this one more time. thats basically what it should look like. yes its in the middle of the screen. as for info on the monster-- when you select the monster [at the board] it will give you a location as to where the person who posted the mark can be found. once you locate the person they fill you in on w/e you need to know, etc. THAT is when you choose wether to accept the hunt or not. from there the monster appears in the designated area [usually where the person clims to have seen it]. from there you go and find it. once slain you return to the person and get your reward.

oh also: if you want to put the map behind it...maybe showing where the person who posted it can be located-- yea go ahead. but thats really up to you