RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hi, I'm J and I want to make some really good games

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Ă„nderung die Welt, ein Kunstwerk auf einmal.
Heya,

So, I posted a similar post almost 2 years ago now. Well, maybe like a year and three quarters ago or so...anyway, I'm J. Edward Edens and I STILL want to make some great games.

I grew up with the classic Squaresoft RPGs of the SNES generation, and my first love was Final Fantasy 2 (IV). Needless to say, I couldn't get enough and proceeded to fall in love with Final Fantasy 3 (VI), Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana (as far as the Square games for that game generation). I continued to play the ones on PSOne and they all still hold a special place in my heart, but the ones for SNES do the most.

Everyone has some excuse why something gets in the way, I can't even begin to tell you what mine is, but I know one thing, I still have a desire to make RPG games. I remembered this community, and would still like to get to know you guys I've floated around the forums a bit and have already seen great advice and what seems like a lot of cool people too, heh.

I started making games when I was 11 or 12, programming on BASIC and QBASIC just making simple text games, but was more interested in art than programming, so I became an illustrator/graphic designer.  But, I've always wanted to tackle video games (especially RPGs) at one point and have several stories developed that would make good classic RPGs. I tried the RPG Maker for the PSOne and it was really cool and all, but so terribly limiting when it came to saving information and distributing it.  I recently thought about picking up the idea of developing a game and looked up for newer versions of RPG Maker and XP caught my eye.

I have 3 games in mind and I plan on doing them in order of difficulty. Some things I'm considering is hand drawn characters and environments vs. sprite based environments. I'm not really any good at spriting, but I can conceptualize pretty well.

I went to design school and film school, but I've always wanted to try my hand at game design.

You can view some of my design/artwork at:
http://jedwardedens.com

My first Game I have planned is going to be based off a webcomic I started last November called Sex Demon Bag:
http://www.sexdemonbag.com

If you're into movies, I also run a Film blog @ http://www.filmdogsonline.com

Anyway, nice to meet you all (again).

J

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Rep:
Level 81
Nice art J.