RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Deity's SkillTree

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
Oh Xzygon is on the right track. If you have the same Script two time in the same scriptlist it could cause the error,also. Check it ouf maybe it was just a mistake.

Deity

Deity
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 05:06:49 PM by Deity »
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The cursor movement is much more intuitive. Looks great Deity!

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
RMRK Junior
great script just one minor question is it possible to make skills unlearnable depending wot direction you go eg
a mage has 2 trees one for offensive and one for defencive. would it be possible to have it so if u choose defencve then u cnt choose from the offencive brance

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
To call the SkillTree you have to write this in the "Call ..."

what does that mean?  :o

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
ah ok i opened the demo....

i have to unpack the thing because i got an error.

now i know how to open demos, thanks.

(i mean to open it to edit and so on, not the game)

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
It's like an improvement of Diablo 2's skill tree! :D

EDIT: I finally found a game to use this this in that I think I'll finish! BTW I search skill tree and my reply is how I found this :D

EDIT2:LOL same smily in both posts
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 01:00:15 AM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
The dark,quiet night is the best time of the day
one question, does it allow learning of passive skills or only active skills?

(active = skills that we can/have to use ; passive = always active, we don't have to use it -e.g.: Standard Defense Up skill-)

Nvm the question o.O found a script for passives that would go with this well
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:28:46 PM by phoenixn91 »
"Let the wings of an angel carry you on your way to happiness,even in hard times" ~O.d.l.T.~

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
I having trouble with you skill tree system every time I call the script this pops up.

Script 'Skill Point' line 446: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'learnings'for NilClass:Class

What do I do?

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
is it possible to set this so you can access the skill-tree from the menu, or do you have to set a call event every time you want to use it?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You could alter your Scene_Menu to include an option for the skill-tree, or better yet, alter Scene_Skill. For example, in the update method of Scene_Skill,
Code: [Select]
if Input.trigger?(Input::X)
  $scene = Scene_SkillTree.new(@actor_index)
end
should work, if you're having trouble doing this just ask me to do a rewrite of the class for you.

LE EDIT:: Alternatively, stick this below the skill tree script, but still above main.
Code: FIX [Select]
class Scene_Skill < Scene_Base
  alias pac_deity_skltr_updsklselect update_skill_selection
  def update_skill_selection
    pac_deity_skltr_updsklselect
    if Input.trigger(Input::X)
      $scene = Scene_SkillTree.new(@actor_index)
    end
  end
end
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:43:58 AM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
Hi! Great, great script! :)

I've included access to the skill tree in my party menu but right now using it only allows you to access the skill tree of the first member in your party. Is there any way I can make it to where once you select the option to access the skill tree, it allows you to choose which character in your party you want to customize?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to add text above a tree? To specify what kind of tree it is? (defense, attack etc,.)

LAST EDIT: Not to keep adding to the problems here (haha) but I get an "comparison of Fixnum with nil failed" error when I go to learn a new ability.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:53:15 PM by Ghangis24 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
Founder of Electronic Curse 2011
Thankyou Thankyou!! You have no idea how long I've been looking for a script like this, and I cant create my own since I'm still a beginner Scripter.... Wonderful.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Just another RM Guy
I got a question about adding points to use for multiple characters:

Since you can select which actors get points by using 'add_skill_points(party_member_id,points)', I noticed that the actor_id you have to put in is the ID (actor 001) minus 1 from it, so to add points to Actor 1, you put add_skill_points(0,3)
and I thought that was odd.

and

Is there a way where I can gain points after defeating an enemy and only the people in my party get 'X points'?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:58:28 AM by Xearoth93z »