RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Battle Betting System

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Basically, I want to be able to bet on a fight between two randomly generated AIs that will be announced to the player between accepting the opportunity to bet, and actually doing the betting.

Basically, I need a way to communicate to the player who it is that is fighting, and the stats, strengths, and weaknesses of each fighter, and give the opportunity to bet before the AI fight.

However, I want to know if there is a less arduous way of going about it than making conditionals for each and every possible matchup for my 10 possible contestants.

What I mean is, is there some sort of magical scripting or eventing solutions that you would reccomend?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Tis' may be evented but it'll take much time.

First, you need the two events to build up .. and an NPC in where you can bet. You also need a script to type your bet.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Neh, you wouldn't need a script for betting. You can use input numbers and variables to input your bet via events. It's a tad complicated though, what you're asking for. Not too difficult though.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I know that it can work, I just don't know how... That is what I am asking, how do you supose I should do this? How can I set up names of chars as variables? Or for that matter, How would I get their Troops stats to appear on screen (to the left and right of the char) when they are announced as the contestants?

Thats basically the only reason I would want this to work via scripts, simply because, it isn't the betting I am having problems with, but the randomization of the chars, and properly displaying their data.

Betting is simple, but displaying a text box stating "The Fight will Be: ________ V. _________" where the blanks are representative as chars, without making 50 text boxes is a bit harder for me...

Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.