RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Regarding Bayonetta", Or, "What The Fuck Are You Playing?"

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Forget about Sonic the Hedgehog suddenly having a human love interest. Forget Liquid Snake living on through a severed arm. None of these things even compare to the sheer insanity of what is Bayonetta. I popped this game in not knowing what to expect, other than that I heard it was a little like Devil May Cry. It started out on a very high note: I was falling through the air while riding on a broken clock tower, fighting some "angels", while a voice-over exposed the story. Very cool. Then bigger shit started coming, and the intro ended. I was pumped to play. Little did I know what this game was really about.

MODERN DAY. The words flash on the screen, foretelling the lack of all coherency this game previously showed. Before the next FMV was over, I was treated to an f-bomb dropping, Joe Pesci imitator, and a nun who somehow got her clothes torn apart and transformed into a gothic emo scene girl. (All the while moaning as the clothing was cut.) A huge black zombie guy comes out of a casket and begins throwing guns to me, as I proceed to flip through the air and murder angels. Just as zombie-Barrett threw the casket into the air, I was given control again.

Intensely inputting button combos to flip, soar, fight, shoot, spin and kill is amazing fun. Then I realized that someone watching this might ask me what the fuck I was playing, because of the sheer madness that was happening on-screen:

Me, with guns on my hands and feet, doing head-twirls while shooting angels, running through a graveyard flipping and growing butterfly wings, all to the tune of "Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars". It's crazy. I can't wait to see what happens later.

Oh, and the game has "Automatic Mode" which basically means you push one button over and over again and watch cutscenes. Kind of stupid.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I heard that Bayonetta strangles you with cutscenes worse than Movie Gear Solid 4, can I get confirmation?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
The cutscenes are actually quite short, although there are a lot of them.

Oh and Holk, did you get the Sonic reference on the first/prologue stage?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
Oh, and the game has "Automatic Mode" which basically means you push one button over and over again and watch cutscenes. Kind of stupid.

It's so you can masturbate while you play.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Forget Liquid Snake living on through a severed arm.

Ocelot revealed he was faking it, they just tweaked his personality with NANOMACHINES.

Also I have nothing to say as I haven't played the game but the proportions of the main character is RIDICULOUS. That's all.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep