RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Request) Spite flying with rocket boots

Rep:
Level 82
Men are born, then they're formed.
Okay, this is pretty straightforward. I need This sprite:

Edited to be flying with rocket boots.
It should still be standing upright, but floating above ground slightly.
Thanks in advance!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I may do this XD, altough methinks there may be aproblem with the up and down oscillation, only because the sprite cant go up anymore, but i'll try XD

Rep:
Level 82
Thanks, IAMFORTE!

Rep:
Level 85
one more thought before i start :/

is it staying in one place
do i assume it is and it just hovers slightly?

here

yes? no?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:21:42 PM by IAMFORTE »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
FYI, if you have an animated character sheet, you need to have 2 sheets for the character. 1 Sheet with the character hovering in place, not moving, and then the other is the character hovering showing the character moving. Then Wicked would have to set up a small event system to display the idle animation while the player is not moving the character and then swap the main player graphic out when the player is moving the character.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
why would their legs move when they're hovering?
just the hovering graphic is fine.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
why would their legs move when they're hovering?
just the hovering graphic is fine.

thats what I thought XD

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Yeah, because when you move forward or backward you obviously stand perfectly vertical. It was a tip in case he'd actually intend to lean the character.

Rep:
Level 85
Oh O_o right.... i might re tackle this then XD I don't know :/

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yeah, because when you move forward or backward you obviously stand perfectly vertical. It was a tip in case he'd actually intend to lean the character.

in a great many games with floating characters there isn't a 'leaning forward slightly to move' thing, it just moves them and it looks fine, especially with spriting limitations such as time and having to remake a good portion of the sprite to get it to lean properly without making it look awkward.

if you -really- want to debate this, there's no way jet boots could work because there's no way in hell a being could keep their feet so perfectly level so as not to move at all, nor would they bob up and down, they'd stay perfectly in one position due to providing enough upward force to keep the object in the air without dropping, finally the person in question would probably lose balance and fall over when trying to stand still, so to keep from doing so (or doing a split and causing massive amounts of bodily damage from the force of the jets in his/her shoes) they'd be constantly moving in some sort of pattern.

tl;dr doesn't work in reality, don't try to apply realism as an argument in this case.

Rep:
Level 82
one more thought before i start :/

is it staying in one place
do i assume it is and it just hovers slightly?

here

yes? no?
Exactly right. As for whether or not jet boots would work, no, you might lose a leg. I suppose this character is an android, so missing legs can be replaced?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
i like the iron man movie thing how he uses his hands for stabilization when hovering and small arm and flap adjustments while flying, but that's not really relevant.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It's a game so some suspension of disbelief is expected, thus jet boots are a fine concept that don't need to be deeply explained.

Rep:
Level 82
True, Namkor. She only uses them, like twice in the whole game.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
oh no doubt, I was just commentin' 'bout jet boots.

Rep:
Level 82
Although, if they were possible, I'd buy them.