RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Conditional Branch: If 'button' is being pressed?

Rep:
Level 81
I am trying to use this typing of conditional branch for my skit events in my game but none of the keys I set it to work but if I randomly bash n the keyboard it works.
For example:
I set the conditional branch to if 'Z' button is being pressed, I then test it and press the 'Z' key and nothing happens, I press every individual key on the keyboard and nothing happens, I randomly bash all of the keys and it works.

Has anyone else had this problem? This kinda makes it hard to do skit events in my game they way I want without scripting...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:46:42 AM by Ecut »
Spoiler for "My Project":
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It refers to buttons (like on a controller), not necessarily to that key on the keyboard. Each button is assigned a key on the keyboard, however not all keys are available. By default, Button L is the 'Q' key. Button R is the 'W' key, etc... To see the current setup and to change it around, you can press F2 during test play.

Rep:
Level 81
Oh I see, thank you very much.
Spoiler for "My Project":
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
I've been messing around with that key imput thing for a good while tonight withought any luck.
Thanks for explaining that  :)