RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Microsoft Courier

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
The first question was answered, the second was the one that was not.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The first question was answered, the second was the one that was not.
I have not used every tablet in the world that runs Windows.

Also, I agree with Roph; the stupid restrictions that Apple puts on the App store is absurd.
Like what?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
It's therefore inconclusive to say that tablets don't run windows well because you've only had bad experiences with a few.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Just as inconclusive to say that you dislike raw oysters when you've only eaten them a few times.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
That's a terrible analogy.

Rep:
Level 102
Just as terrible of an analogy as comparing a heart to a pump.

You don't need to use every single multi-touch Windows device in the world to conclude that Windows doesn't go well with multi-touch devices, and you don't have to eat raw oysters from every restaurant in the world to conclude you don't like them. :]

Rep:
Level 98
That is indeed a terrible analogy.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Irock, just shut up. You're making it worse.  :mad:

Rep:
Level 102
Making it worse as Martin Luther King Jr. made African American civil rights worse.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Making it worse as Obama made the United States worse.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Making it worse as Obama made the United States worse.

lol

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
You don't seem to take into account the chance of having eaten a bad or poorly cooked oyster, and you don't seem to acknowledge the fact that you may have just used a poorly made Windows Tablet. I love oysters, but I've had plenty of shitty ones.

Apple has a ton of restrictions on the App Store, and will ban an application at will. Google Voice was banned for who knows what; probably because AT&T didn't like the idea of free calls. A guy got his app taken off the day after he said he disliked the App Store or something to that effect. Apple can remotely delete or disable any data on an iPad at will. Go ahead Irock, give me a reason as to why this is acceptable.

Rep:
Level 102
You don't seem to take into account the chance of having eaten a bad or poorly cooked oyster, and you don't seem to acknowledge the fact that you may have just used a poorly made Windows Tablet. I love oysters, but I've had plenty of shitty ones.
Raw oysters are not cooked. I have eaten them dozens of times and they've all tasted somewhat the same. The chances of eating a few bad batches of oysters in a row is terribly rare. By your (and anski's) logic, it's impossible to have an acceptable opinion on any product because your experiences could have just been bad because of several other factors. The same argument could be applied to anything. There's a much greater chance that Windows doesn't work well on any multi-touch device or that oysters don't satisfy your taste.

Me: "I ate dirt twice and concluded that dirt isn't tasty."
You: "YEAH WELL THE DIRT IN THOSE AREAS COULD HAVE BEEN BAD. YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT CONCLUSION."

Me: "I've viewed his artwork many times on my computer and in some museums, but I just don't like it"
You: "YEAH WELL MAYBE YOUR COMPUTER MONITOR ISN'T GOOD OR THE LIGHTING IN THE MUSEUMS WAS BAD"

Give it up. Your argument is bullshit. The issue was not the hardware.

Apple has a ton of restrictions on the App Store, and will ban an application at will. Google Voice was banned for who knows what; probably because AT&T didn't like the idea of free calls. A guy got his app taken off the day after he said he disliked the App Store or something to that effect.
In the submitted Google Voice application, the iPhone user’s entire Contacts database was transferred to Google’s servers. Apple did not receive assurance from Google that the data would only be used in appropriate ways.

The large majority of application rejections are due to bugs or quality issues, while others are rejected in order to protect user privacy, safeguarding users (mostly children) from inappropriate content, and avoiding applications that degrade the iPhone experience. When applications are rejected, Apple even gives feedback to the developers on how to fix the issue so the problems can be worked out and the application can be resubmitted for approval.

I highly doubt someone got their application removed for saying they don't like the application store.

Apple can remotely delete or disable any data on an iPad at will. Go ahead Irock, give me a reason as to why this is acceptable.
They can? Does that have anything to do with Apple's MobileMe? The features that allows you to locate your lost phone on a map, passcode lock your lost/stolen phone remotely, remotely display a message or play a sound on your lost/stolen phone, and remotely wipe the data on your stolen phone? Those demons, and to think they brought that to the iPad. They might wipe your data if you tell them your iPad has been stolen and that there's confidential information on there that you want erased. Damn them to hell.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I think it's kind of sad that Irock seems to genuinely try really hard to make a point, and always either fails completely or just falls short of making sense.

Irock, you might actually be able to make a decent argument someday if you can get past your blind allegiance to Apple.
:tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Irock, I really don't think you are able to judge the quality of multi-touch support on Microsoft products with such limited experience :(

sorry pal

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I love the journal design of this; it kind of reminds me of the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I wonder if painting "DON'T PANIC" on it would void the warranty....

Tablets from different vendors are far more variable in quality than oysters. To say the issue is not the hardware is to assume the tablets' problems were not the touch screen, just Windows.
All I said is that they have banned apps at will, nothing about being rejected based on quality. Nine Inch Nails got an update for their app rejected numerous times, on the basis that it didn't contain any content. It was however, a vital patch that fixed a bug that international users experienced.

Also, I don't even see why you continue you deny the possibility of the Courier being good.

Rep:
Level 102
=
Tablets from different vendors are far more variable in quality than oysters. To say the issue is not the hardware is to assume the tablets' problems were not the touch screen, just Windows.
The touch screens I've used have worked fine. It was not a touch screen or speed problem. The issue is that the Windows operating system is not designed fully with multi-touch in mind. You get a totally richer experience with operating systems like the iPhone OS and hopefully the Courier.

All I said is that they have banned apps at will, nothing about being rejected based on quality.
Nine Inch Nails got an update for their app rejected numerous times, on the basis that it didn't contain any content. It was however, a vital patch that fixed a bug that international users experienced.
From what I have read, the update was rejected because of objectionable content, specifically these lyrics.

Also, I don't even see why you continue you deny the possibility of the Courier being good.
How stupid are you? Have you not read ANY of this thread at all? I've said nothing but positive things about the courier this entire thread. I even applauded Microsoft. The only thing I've said that could be considered negative toward the Courier is that it really isn't for me. You just assume I'm like you and loves everything one company does and hates everything a competing company does. I respect quality products for what they are, not for the brand name.

Spoiler for:
If it does what it appears to do well, then this would be pretty neat to have for some things

The thing that impresses me about this device is the OS. It seems to be brilliantly designed to act like a real "journal", and it seems to do it well.

I'd be repulsed by this product if it had a desktop/laptop OS on it. This is the part of Microsoft that gets it. :]

The very fact devices like the iPad and Courier appeal to so many people shows that the designers are doing it right.

Illiterate nitwit.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
lol touchpad devices.

also I don't think lyrics should be grounds for rejection, but that's a totally different discussion.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon