RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lantern Effect with key press

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
I'm looking for a script that would allow use of a lantern. Like, press "\" key and the graphic is shown over the character, but only if you have the lantern item in your inventory.

I already have a graphic, I'm just awefull with scripts and I can't seem to make one out of a common event with a key press.

Thanks in advance so much for anyone who fulfills this.

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
There is a event system for this. It was made by Mr_Wiggles and is for XP but it can be transferred to VX. If you don't have XP then I could do it. I've got both.

Here is the Event System.

Edit:
Here it is. Attached.

Instructions:
All you need to do is to copy the three common events with their switches and variables, and then change the image in the common event called "Flash Light" into your own.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:55:24 PM by stripe103 »