RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]Enhanced Bitmap by ERZENGEL - Draw Icons

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Current Project: RoSL
After messing around with this script for quite a while, I was unable to fix my dilemma.. so here it is.

This script (found below) allows Bitmap#draw_text to convert control characters. One of the features is the drawing of an item, weapon, armor, or skill's name and icon. Now, my problem is this:

When using the code to draw an item's name and icon, Ex:\DI[n] or even just an icon from the sheet (\IC[n]), the name gets displayed properly, but the icon is shown at the beginning of the text sequence and not in the spot where the code was located.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Script removed as problem was resolved and I'm unsure about ERZENGEL's permissions.

-Heart of Shadow-
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:01:55 PM by Heartofshadow »

"How can I be expected to save the world, when I can't even save myself?" --Sysolos(Return of a Shadow Lord)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I don't know anything about that script. You could try my Global Text Codes script if you wanted.

If you want to use the one you posted, it might be something simple. Maybe where he drew the icon he used 0, 0 instead of whatever he uses to track text position?

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Current Project: RoSL
Wow...

So, I went back through the section that was pulling the code to draw the icon.. and it was using "x" instead of the same one for the text, which in this case was "tx".

In other words, I replaced the "x" with "tx" and all works as it should now. Haha.. thanks for the suggestions, Modern! I was almost going to use your Text Codes script, too.  :P

The main reason I really wanted to use the Enhanced Bitmap script is because the codes for aligning text are very handy. If yours had that too, Modern, I would've switched in a heartbeat.

-Heart of Shadow-

"How can I be expected to save the world, when I can't even save myself?" --Sysolos(Return of a Shadow Lord)