RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Computer Start-up Failure

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I kept getting BSoD's for driver problems so I did as the instructions said (as I looked it up online) and downloaded a Driver _______ program to update drivers. I tried to update the drivers, but I got crashed and nothing works. I can see the loading screen, but it turns black right after. I can get to the options with "Safe Mode" and whatnot, but that stuff just freezes up and doesn't finish up. Help? :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Sounds exactly like the problem I have, and I'm still working on getting mine fixed. ;-;

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
This sucks :baww: Is there any way to restore previous monitor drivers, btw? :P

Random rant: GOD, my brother's a retard. He first insists that I did something wrong so the computer's messed up to begin with (when the BSoD's first came up). I tell him the driver were messed up or w/e and he replies with "Dang, this computer's always been messed up." His fault. He was the one flaunting around saying "HURRR I DUN WANNA SWITCH TO FIREFOX BECAUSE I LIEK IE BETTER" and insisted on not getting any virus protection on the thing. And just recently, he got a virus on his laptop and didn't know how to fix it. There's ANTI-VIRUS for a reason. Hmm... What does anti mean? And virus? Put them together and...? When I get freakin' problems, I try to find it out before asking you guys for help. I remember LadyJ with that long list of things that were funny to look at... And they're so true. We blew the cartridges and found solutions on our own, but this generation just can't do nothing on its own. I don't even know what I'm saying now. asdfasdfasdf
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:04:28 AM by AlmightyPatapon »

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
ATT

Need more information:
1. What brand and model?
2. What operating system?
3. How long have you had it?
4. Has there ever been any accidental damage? (Dropped, spills, etc)
5. What are the last programs you have installed on it?

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ohk :P

1) Dell Dimension... something... 4800? I don't really know because I didn't my mom took out the CD drive that had the information on it.
2) Windows XP Home, I think. XP for sure.
3) I've had it for 2 years?
4) No accidental damage to the main things
5) Last "programs" were drivers that apparently weren't compatible. The computer had issues before due to the viruses that my brother unknowingly got onto there. As a side-note, the computer refuses to recognize outside data (i.e. CDs, USBs, external hard drives, etc.), though I think I could function well enough without that function (maybe :P).

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
do you have a boot disk?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Not at the moment, but I can get one, if you mean the CD where you're able to reformat the computer. But, like I said, the computer won't accept anything foreign so it didn't recognize it before.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Try safe mode in VGA mode.
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
1. To find the correct model number you need to just look either in the bottom left or bottom right of the screen. It should say "Inspiron 5100" or something similar. Worst case scenario take like 10 pictures and upload them here.

2. Do you need any information backed up? Such as photos, music, documents, etc. You're programs will have to be downloaded and reinstalled again.

3. Dell provides disks with which we can restore the operating system with. They are usually blue or green and should say Windows XP with some form of Dell branding. You need to get these discs.

4. When you turn on your computer there should some form of wording on the bottom that says "Boot Order" "Boot Device" or something similar. You will need to hit the key. For example it will say "Change Boot Order F11". Press the F11 key whatever it happens to be. That will allow you to boot to the CD/DVD drive.

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
1) Here. A few pictures. :P You don't get to see the tags. :P One of them has a Windows XP CD Key and the other has a Service Tag and Express Service Code.

2) I don't care about anything on the computer. I just want it working. D:

3) I can get access to those disks once my dad gets back from Japan. He works at the state college/university/whatever so he has access to them. :P

4) So do I want "Setup" or "Boot Menu?" I'm thinking the latter, right? And once I get the disk, we'll see, because it seems like there's no option for the CD/DVD drive.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 03:45:29 AM by AlmightyPatapon »