RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2000 switch help

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
i'm having trouble with my switches in 2k.  i'm trying to set up a switch that runs then resets itself. the problem is when i set the graphic as a switch facing one way on first page then another way on page 2 so it looks like the char threw the switch. i want i to reset when i leave and come back right now it don't,
Code: [Select]
<>Play SE    OPen2
<>Change 1Chip:UpperChip   020 n,001Subsitu
<>Change 1Chip:UpperChip   026 n,001Subsitu
<>Change 1Chip:UpperChip   032 n,001Subsitu
<>Change 1Chip:UpperChip   021 n,019Subsitu
<>Change 1Chip:UpperChip   027 n,025Subsitu
<>Change 1Chip:UpperChip   032 n,031Subsitu
<>Change Switch :[0022:dungengatecastle1]-ON Set
<>

page 2 the switch is checked
and graphic shows switch oppisit direction
how do i get it so i can throw the switch again we he comes back in the room cause at the moment the gate resets but not the switch so i cant get back in
A Gamer is UniverSoul there is no Creed, Color, or Race

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
thats equal to all the rpg makers. Try this

Event

1st page of the event you put this:

Show choices: Do you want to pull the switch?

If Yes
play sound:switch change
switch operation switch ON

If No
Nothing

On the second page you do this:

Condition: If switch operation is ON

then you do this:

Show choices: Do you want to pull the switch off?

If Yes
play sound:switch change
switch operation switch OFF

If No
Nothing

NOTE: In the first page of the event, just place the image that the switch is up
In the second page oif the event put the image of the switch down

That will work. hope you get it !!!

My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

pokeball RoyOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 82
My insanity keeps me sane
Just so I know what you’re asking.

You want a "switch" that opens a gate, then resets when you exit the map?

I think I can see your problem

When you flip the "switch" instead of a switch and second page you just change the graphic of the "switch" to look like it's been switched without the page change

Now being a 2k3 user I don't know the 2k command for that, in 2k3 it's change graphic under move event.

If you use what Darkgamer posted you'll have the same problem except you can turn the switch off and on again to open the gate, however if the gate was made of events tiled together that used the two page method of changing it's graphic and allowing possibility. The switch won't reset but nor would the gate, if you wanted it to reset, all you gotta do is add a turn switch off command in the teleport events, just after it hides the screen. Which you’re better off doing.
Insanity is the Emergancy Exit, so smile… It's the only way out alive