RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Anybody else in this? I've played it most of yesterday and today and I'm pretty impressed, really. I've seen some complaints about the graphics and optimisation for PC, but I can't see it. The graphics look pretty up to date and the game runs fine on highest settings for me on a HD4890 (apparently some people couldn't do this). They've done a great job creating an atmospheric game that (as far as I know) resembles war far more than the competition (read: CoD) does. I'm not saying the game is better than CoD though - I can't possibly tell by just playing the beta.

I can post screenshots if anybody is interested.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 03:16:26 PM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I liked the first one. I didn't even know there was a sequel.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I never played the original Bad Company or any of the original Battlefield games so I can't really compare. People on /v/ are complaining that it isn't as good as Battlefield 2, but... they're people on /v/.

Riding around in a tank with three other people is crazy fun, though. So is exploding the wall of a building.

So far I've mostly played as a Medic. The other three classes are Assault, Engineer and Recon (Sniper), which may be what the classes were in the original games and the first Bad Company.

I'm not sure if there's any beta keys left to find anymore, though. Alienware ran out of its keys in 6 minutes yesterday, and in less than an hour the day before. There was some other website that Rasse found through reddit but they're all out of keys now too.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
That's cool, I'll just wait for the full game. One thing I love about the Battlefield games is the crazy over-the-top things you can do, like wing-walking. I'm not surprised that people are bitching about Battlefield 2 still. It's like Counterstrike 1.6. Some people just can't let go of the past, and would prefer if the same game was just made over and over again.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Everyone who comes across a beta key should try this out, while it may not be a new and original take on the genre it's without a doubt a fine addition to it. It's strangely addicting even if ou do suck at it e3e;;
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I want to play this game so badly. I've only ever played the demo of BF2 and BF Heroes, but both were really great.
There's a beta sign-up on the BFB2 site, and I signed up for it, but I haven't got an email back from DICE except the one thanking me for signing up. :P

It looks absolutely incredible, and beyond in every way shape and form better than CoD, but just mah impression from the videos. The limited edition is only $50 if you pre-order it, so I may pre-order.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
compared to MW2's broken perks and shit this is the promised land of shooters for the foreseeable future. the demo has yet to get boring even though it's only one map on the 360 and i've probably put in 20 hours at this point.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I uninstalled it today. I hadn't played it for a while and if I remember correctly, the beta ends soon anyway. I lost interest, but it's no fault of the game. I played it for close to 20 hours, maybe, and that's about as much as I can put into a game before growing bored. It did well to hold my attention for so long with just the one map, really.

The gameplay, I felt, was a big step up from my experience with Call of Duty 4/MW2. The perk system (as well as the killstreak rewards) bug me in the Call of Duty games. I liked the vehicle combat, as well as the destructible buildings.

I don't know if I'll buy it or not yet.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
20 hours on a single map is quite the bang for your buck.

I've barely spent 25 hours playing CoD4 and I'm already sick of all of the maps, on a constantly full server with all maps in rotation.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
CoD 4's maps are really good. MW2's are all shitty, the best map is a remake of a CoD 2 map.