RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
British Police to Monitor Civilians with UAVs by 2012

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Quote from: popsci.com
In a move sure to generate plenty of Orwell name-drops in the Boing Boing comments section, the British police have begun developing UAVs for the surveillance of domestic civilians. The British police hope to have a national UAV system in operation by the 2012 Olympics in London, so they can watch out for any disturbances.

Britain already has far fewer restrictions on government monitoring than the US, with much of London currently covered by CCTV cameras. However, this development would greatly expand how much of the country the police continually monitor. The program, spearheaded by the Kent Police Department, is a spin off of the South Coast Partnership, an effort to us UAVs to monitor England's southern coast.

So far, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Britain's equivalent of the FAA, has not cleared UAVs to fly in the same airspace as manned aircraft. However, the Kent police department has petitioned the CAA to expedite the licensing processes so the police operated UAVs can take to the sky by the time the Olympics starts.

In documents obtained by the British newspaper The Guardian, police officials envisioned using the drones to monitor, "...theft from cash machines, preventing theft of tractors and monitoring antisocial driving."

According the police department, video feeds from UAVs are no more invasive than the feeds from CCTV cameras, which the British government has already approved for police use.

So far, the British police have not purchased any UAVs, and the progress of the program remains a mystery.
Source

Seeing as how some members here are ignorant assholes and tell me to "stay in my own country's business" I'm just going to say this:

I don't mind the police going inside my house without consent. I have noting to hide and it can stop terrorism.

I don't mind I can't talk freely, talking shit usually gets everybody in shit.

I don't mind if the government can kill people without repercussions. The monsters deserve death.

I don't mind curfews, dangerous criminals come out at night and rape people anyways.

I don't mind CCTV's tracking my every move, because I haven't done anything illegal.

I don't mind the police having the right to randomly search me, I got noting illegal.

Wait, I mind them taking away so much of my freedom! Let's Rebe- Oh wait, too late, I'm arrested.

Welcome to 1984.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
This doesn't bother me, but not for those reasons. It's no different from a police chopper. It's just cheaper and more convenient. The imagery of the book, 1984, does paint a bad picture of it, but it's really nothing more than a technological advance. If it was a person up there rather than a camera people would be getting a lot less antsy. It's the mechanical eye that scares them.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Welcome to America, ten years ago.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Quote from: popsci.com
In a move sure to generate plenty of Orwell name-drops...

Welcome to 1984.

lol

Also what Arrow said.
Besides, it'd monitor public places.  I see no issues with cameras and surveillance in public.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon