RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Question about resources

Rep:
Level 82
I am that I am.
So I'm just brand spanking new here to RMRK and I can see that there's a resources page in the forums for requesting and sharing resources and there's also a resources page under "site content" which seems like an archive of sorts.

My question is this:
Is there a way to upload or submit resources to the "site content" page? The "site content" page seems a little dry for resources.

Just so you know I haven't made many of my own but am thinking of getting into it and was purely curious about all this. Thanks for taking time to read and answer my question :)
As a dog returns to his vomit so too does a fool to his folly.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The resource section of Crankeye.com is (unfortunately) unmaintained.

The best way to share resources is by using the resources forums. (RMVX, RMXP, 2K/2K3) :)

Rep:
Level 82
I am that I am.
Fair enough   :lol:

Just for the sake of asking, is there any possibility of it being re-maintained?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
There's been some plans for resource management for a while. I'll see what's going on with that.

EDIT: Oh right, I remember. We're waiting for SMF (the forum software) 2.0 until we can do anything with it. Unfortunately, it's taking its time.

Rep:
Level 82
I am that I am.
Oh that's cool. I look forward to the day it does come about  :D

This place seems pretty cool. I started learning on 2k3 in about 2004 and haven't really touched it for a couple of years. I'm not a huge fan of the battle system in XP (I know you can get scripts for it but I'll have to learn scripts first haha), so I might stick with 2k3 for now.

Anyhow, enough rambling. Thanks for the reply. I might start focusing on making some resources - Hello monotony lol.

I guess you can close this thread if you want, question answered, or do I do that?

Rep:
Level 82
I am that I am.
Oh, I just had a thought. I find it a bit irritating when searching for resources for characters how everywhere seems to have the face sets/char sets/battle sets all in different locations. Would it not make it more straightforward to have a matching set for a char? Or at least a section with a full set for chars. I feel this would make it so much easier for people trying to get resources for their chars.

I don't know how possible or feasible that is but I just thought I'd lay out my idea. Thanks for reading.  :D

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
That is a very solid thought, Izanagi! Thing is though, you're not guaranteed to always have matches.
Maybe if we could tag the images somehow, you could type in a name and bring up all things with that tag, and that would be as close as you could get to a system like that. :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, we can write in whatever we want for the description of each resource, so we might be able to corss-reference them just by putting in the link to the matching faceset or battler or whatnot. It'd be a bit of a pain. Tags are also an option.

Rep:
Level 82
I am that I am.
Yeah I knew it wouldn't exactly be a straight forward thing, things hardly are in the programming world lol. It's so much easier to conceptualise something than to implement it.

I guess tags would work. And yes it could be time consuming doing the links but if all the existing resources were linked then doing them as they come in shouldn't be that big of a deal right? It would just be the initial part... Hm...

Anyway... This is just an idea that you can chose to use or just throw in the trash, I'm not worried. I'm actually appreciative of the fact that you do actually take into account the ideas of even noobs :)