RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
where to learn ruby?

Rep:
Level 82
Hey I've been wanting to learn ruby for a while now, dunno what to do or where to go to do it lolz. Was just wondering if someone could give me a little nudge in the right direction cus googleing it just comes up with pages for people that know, even if I add "for dummies" to the end lol! Never scripted before, never editted or changed scripts, so I could use a realy realy basic and simple guide if possible.
Preferable content woud be a free HTML page or an E-book, but I'm not OVERLY bothered about that so yh, thanks :)

Thankyou Very much from DJ Unlogical

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
A Good name for a Game?
I agree. Though, I think the "Help -> Content" (F1) has an explanation on it... it's just not the simplest thing to read if your not Ruby Syntax savvy.

Rep:
Level 82
OMG It's on there! lol! a few hings anyways.. I'm rang my friend wo does a very limited about of Microsoft Visual Basic scripting to see if he can make any sence of ruby language.. turns out he downloaded the actualy ruby files from ruby lanuage website.. emailed me a HUGE guid for using it... started reading it and got to the first topic,was like WOAH confusin...and that was just the introduction LMAO. still if anyone know anything it would be GREAT to know too =] (@ admins, maybe a schooling system on rmrk.net that would be cool xD)

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
A Good name for a Game?
http://www.fincher.org/tips/Languages/Ruby/
Try this.
It's not for RMXP scripting, but It has the general Basics

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
If this is just Ruby, then that link should be good. If this is for RGSS/RGSS2, wrong section. Either way, learning Ruby would be good. It's more practical, and Blizzard, a well known scripter, did not know RGSS but, instead, Ruby first and picked up RGSS fast enough. It might not have been Blizzard, but there was someone like that. :P

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
If you want the in-depth guide actually made by the creators of RUBY, then go here

http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/

If you want to buy it (the online version is free), the book is a great table-side resource. (I've got a copy on my shelf)
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."