RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Wordlocks [Betrayal at Krondor]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Oh right - well the Script Event Command is a pain for this, so new strategy. Paste this into a new slot in the Script Editor:

Code: [Select]
class Game_System
  def grrr_initz
    @wl_chest_bg = WL_CHEST_LOCKED
    @wl_chest_open = WL_CHEST_OPEN
    @wl_letter_bg = WL_LETTER_BG
    @wl_font_name = WL_FONTNAME
    # Put color in array if windowskin color
    if WL_FONTCOLOR.is_a? (Integer)
      x, y = 64 + (WL_FONTCOLOR % 8) * 8,  96 + (WL_FONTCOLOR / 8) * 8
      color = Cache.system ("Window").get_pixel(x, y)
      @wl_font_color = [color.red, color.green, color.blue, color.alpha]
    else
      @wl_font_color = WL_FONTCOLOR
    end
    @wl_answer_rect = WL_ANSWER_RECT.is_a? (Array) ? Rect.new (*WL_ANSWER_RECT) : WL_ANSWER_RECT
    @wl_riddle_rect = WL_RIDDLE_RECT.is_a? (Array) ? Rect.new (*WL_RIDDLE_RECT) : WL_RIDDLE_RECT
    @wl_letter_se = WL_LETTER_SE
    @wl_unlock_se = WL_UNLOCK_SE
  end
end

Delete the other two script calls and just put this in:

Code: [Select]
$game_system.grrr_initz

Then turn the self-switch ON, etc...

Once it works, delete both the event and the new script slot you just added to the Editor.

Why do you want this old save file so bad anyway?

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Well, I'm 7 hours into the game, and it's in development, so I figure, having to replay the game to get up this part again would be a waste of time at this point, I've already played through the game two times, and I have friends that are testing, I send them a save file and then they play through it, I have to reinitialize stuff when its new, and it's annoying, and I may possibly be taking extra steps, but i usually make a town >event the town > play and Ive been using 4 save files at certain parts to do this.

A seperate question:

This scripting language is all Ruby, correct?  What is a good way to start?  What should I DL? and What should I read?  If you could post me to a good topic, would be cool, I'm gonna start searching now;  I need to learn this.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:33:06 PM by thanatos2k1 »

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Oh, thank you very much, modern algebra, I appreciate your help greatly.  One more question (>.<),  is there any reason to why I can't leave the parallel event and the script?  Like, will it bug in the future??

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You can leave it - the only thing it would affect is if you choose to change any of those stats via script call in-game. For instance, if you ever want to use one background for some chests and another for others (which you can do by changing the values of those attributes) - this parallel process will reset it to the default.

However, there is absolutely no reason to retain them. Once those values have been initialized in all your save files, no bugs will arise from that and there is no reason whatsoever to keep them.