RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Speakers cutting out during "loud" volumes :mad:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
So I got some new fancy speakers for Christmas. Until now I've been using my headphones so I never noticed because this problem doesn't happen while the headphones are plugged in.

During "louder" portions of music, the speakers just cut out entirely - no sound. Then they come back when they deem the music to not be too loud. Turning the volume down on the speakers solves this problem. I've gone back and played the section of music again at the lower volume setting and it'll come through the speakers. This is okay until an even louder passage of music comes along and the speakers have to be turned down further. This is especially troublesome since the speakers aren't turned up that loud to begin with so I might as well just use headphones so I can actually hear things again.

I've tried different soundcards, same problem. I've tried different speakers, the problem is gone, so it is definitely the new speakers. I googled, and, no luck. I contacted customer support and surprise surprise, no luck. They told me the problem is with my soundcard. I tried a total of three :mad: (two on this computer, one on a different computer)
:tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Maybe a loose wire somewhere that vibrates too much when the music is louder. Try turning on the music or just sound in general and feel around the wires until the music cuts out (if it does at all when you're messing with the wires). Then you can just get some wire from Radioshack and splice it =o lol, or get new new speakers. haha.

Or it's not that at all, and I don't have a clue then.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Are they passive or active?
bringing sexy back

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
is "shitty" passive or active?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Doesn't mean his speakers are shitty in general, you know OCCASIONALLY shit happens in transit or just come like that.