RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Everyone should just upgrade to Windows 7

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Irock stop being such an idiot -_-

It is true that changing the view in a library affects all folders in the library, but its different when browsing the Computer.
It seems to remember the folder settings perfectly fine. They even seem to have removed the option in the Advanced Settings under the View tab in Folder Options which allows you check whether you want individual folder settings remembered or not. (It was present in XP, dunno about Vista)

I haven't really searched to see whether it's present anywhere else or if it has actually been taken out. Even then you should be able to reset the folder settings just fine.

*hugs*

Rep:
Level 89
I would love to upgrade to windows 7, once i upgrade ram.

Doesn't Windows 7 require 1gb of ram? The computer i have right now can expand to 2gbs ram. I haven't really looked into Win7 that much anyways since i don't have any serious problems with Vista that motivates me into buying Win7. But i'll wait until i decide to upgrade.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
2 gigs of ram isn't enough. You need 4 gigs of ram and an i7.

Rep:
Level 92
What, 2 gigs is more than enough unless you get the 64-bit version.
Also Vista used more ram than Windows 7 does for me.
As for the requirements:
Quote from: Requirements
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

If Vista runs fine for you then it's highly likely that Windows 7 will run fine and probably also better.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Requirements don't mean anything. It'll run like garbage if you have those specs.

Rep:
Level 92
It'll probably run like garbage, but I disagree that requirements doesn't mean anything. It gives you a feeling of the hardware required.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
It would properly run perfect until you have used it for 2 weeks :/

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Personally, I like Windows 7 better than any other version of windows.

The only I don't like is that they took out Windows Movie Maker lol.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Requirements don't mean anything. It'll run like garbage if you have those specs.
Stop talking garbage, Irock.

Windows 7 would run fine on a system like that.

Rep:
Level 102

XP doesn't even run fine on a system like that, especially after you've used it for a little while.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

XP doesn't even run fine on a system like that, especially after you've used it for a little while.
XP runs fine on a system far weaker than that, Irock. Stop talking garbage.

Computers only get slower after use if you're garbage.

Rep:
Level 102

No, it doesn't. I speak from experience.

Your Windows 7 install is slower now than it was when you first installed it.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
No it isn't.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

No, it doesn't. I speak from experience.

Your Windows 7 install is slower now than it was when you first installed it.

No, it isn't.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 102
Yes it is.

Chewey is just a wintard fanboy,

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
No it isn't.

Irock is just a macfag :mad:

Rep:
Level 102
I don't even own a Mac.

How can I be a macfag? >:]

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
You're gay for macs and you'd get one in a heartbeat if you had $6000 to spare :police:

Rep:
Level 102
I have billions to spare, sweetheart. ;]

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I was really contemplating the Student Discounted 7 Home Premium deal, because I'm getting a little bored with XP.
Still might buy it sometime, probably torrent it, but who knows.

Can someone tell me, I'm not reading through 2 pages on posts at 2:30am, why 7 is better than Xp? Really, why? As someone whose only problem with XP have been viruses, why should I upgrade?

Rep:
Level 92
I can tell you that my productivity has increased after getting Windows 7 and I don't had any trouble with searching for drivers.
It was the rare feeling of everything just working and working well.

Irock is right, I have had Windows 7 for 4 months or so and startup time has increased with 5 seconds or so. Idle RAM usage has increased with 40 MB. It doesn't feel any slower though. General use doesn't feel more sluggish. Of course this might just be due to it happening gradually.
My opinion so far is that it handles time better than XP, but then again. I have only had it for around 4 months, so that's not so long.

*hugs*