RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
-Resolved(Request) Dungeon Crawl Script

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I have to be honest, I don't know how to work scripts at all...  What I'm trying to do though is make kind of a sequel to Azure Dreams.  Koh's adventures outside of the town of Monsbaiya.  Now I'm sure if you're reading this you're thinking 'oh she's just another one of those people who just want to take and not give'...
I do plan posting sprites and graphics for people.  I'll even do requests if people want it.  Anyways  I would like help with the dungeon crawl thingy because I just don't know how to do it.
Description of exactly what I need:
I need something that will randomly generate a dungeon.
I need to be able to also have the player be able to travel outside of the dungeon and not have it do a random generator for that.
I would like to be able to put graphics in for the dungeon, you know, from a tileset that is set up for it.

If someone could help me with that I would be grateful and willing to do graphics for you.  If need be I can show you a few peices of my art.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:44:30 AM by eliralena »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
There's a script for XP, if I remember correctly, that already randomly generates dungeons, but it's fucking terrible. RPG Maker VX has this capability standard with every map.

Your best option is to just map it yourself. If you want random, map a lot of different maps, then on the entrance to each dungeon, have a variable equal a random number then have a conditional statement checking what number was selected, then transport the player to the start of that dungeon. For instance, make 5 full dungeons. Number (in your head or on paper) each dungeon 0-4. In the event to enter a dungeon, make a variable that makes a random number 0-4. Then have a conditional branch checking if that variable is equal to 0, if yes, then transport the player to that dungeon - if not, then check if the variable is equal to 1, if yes transport the player to that dungeon - if not, then check if the variable is equal to 2, if yes transport the player to that dungeon - and so on for all your dungeons.

o!o that sounds like a great idea, I didn't even know of that @__@ (falls over)

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Although I really respect your idea, it just doesn't seem plausible to me... I mean, Koh's whole quest was focused around improving the town, fighting monsters in the tower, helping his family, and developing relationships with cute girlies... So why would he suddenly pick up an leave?

You better be able to explain why he would leave when you make the game, or I'll have to beat you up!  ;)

Seriously, though, as long as you can give a semi-reasonable cause for him leaving, I can say this would be a good idea... Can't wait to try it out!
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

(chuckles) well I do have an idea.  It has something with the tower A) being destroyed or B) something with it's magic has faded and the monsters have disappeared within the tower as well as the treasures you find.

Also, since I don't know how I can add the familiars to the whole idea... (I was thinking it'd have to be similiar to pokemon when it came down to it) There will only be Kewne who will end up turning into HyKewne at some point...
Oh and since it will kind of be like a dungeon crawl and not I was thinking something along the lines of having 2 of the townsmembers travel with you... >.> Selfie (Since she's a mage) or Cherryl (since she works at the hospital after getting cured) and Nico (since she's definately the fist fighter type it seems)
I was also thinking about having Ghosh but honestly maybe he'll do his own traveling and you'll have to fight him a couple of times through out the game like you have to do on floor 2 in the PS1 version.