RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I just downloaded a game, but I can't play it...

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I just spent over an hour downloading Prelude of Identity, but I cant play it on my computer. Its says it doesn't have the right program to open it. Can anyone tell me what I need to play it, and where to get it from?

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
what file format is it. Is it just a normal exe?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Hah, I bet you don't have VX and PoI probably don't include RTP. But I'm not sure, I haven't ever played the final version of this game.

I dont own any of the RPG Makers.

It says its .rar...whats that?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You need to unencrypt it. Download WinRAR - it's free and does what you need. Alternatively, I think Winzip or 7z would work too. I use WinRAR

Thanks mate. By the way, I've been trying to download RPG Maker XP, and get a 30 day free trial, but it doesnt let me have the trial. Can someone explain why that is happening?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It does. It'll pop up asking if you want to buy now, or play the 30 day trial. Just skip that screen or close it. You have to -reeeeaaaadddd- and it tells you that.

Oh, well when ever I would open it, it said my trial was over and that I had to buy it, or put in a code or something like that.

Edit: I installed WinRAR and opened PoI. It did its little thing and put the game in a separate folder. I tried to play the game, but it said RGSS202E.dll could not be found.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 10:27:29 PM by Redfire313 »