RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Request) NPC Approach Battle

Rep:
Level 82
Would someone please be able to explain to me how I would event an NPC to approach the player when the player enters the NPC's line of sight, and then begin battle processing, and then stop the event from happening repeatedly (IF the player won)?

Basically the same sort of thing that would happen in Pokemon when another trainer sees the player.

A screen shot of the eventing screen would be ideal! After all, it IS Christmas!!

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas RMRK Community!

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Well you could do it by events. Don't think it's that hard.
When I get time I'll try to do it. Right now I'm at my phone so it's quite hard to work with it :D

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
I don't have the RPGMAKER in this computer, but i can easily explain it to you...

First, make and event called ex:"enemy" (the one who will run and colide with you).
After, you shoose the range...In the place where you want the monster to see you, you place an event...

Make it Below hero, touched by hero. then on that event, make it paralell process, and add a stop hero movment, and "move", "enemy" event to reach the hero. then battle input, and after the battle input, place a self switch A, and make a switch "monster defeated" on. Add a new page in the "enemy" event, and in the event that you touched, with the A.And a new page to the "enemy" event with the "enemy defeated", and erase the enemy graphic.

Then it is done. If you win, the monster dies and disappears, if you loose, it is game over. Or you can add other restrictions in battle options.

I think that is a very easy way to do it. there are many others OFc, but i think this is the easiest one. ;D

Any question just ask, and if you still need help, when i get on the computer with Rm, i'll do it for you in about 5 minutes ;)

*don't forget, the below events that set the "enemy"event movment, need the respective movments, or the enemy migh moove to another position and not for you xD You need to set them for each respective square ;)*

*Also, don't forget to make set movment ON, or the hero won't moove again ;)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 82
Alright thank you. I read through your instructions, but I'm also not currently at a computer with RMXP (I'm on a Mac) so I'll have to get back to you. Seems like it'll work fine...

And a final Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here on RMRK! (Two minutes until the 26th.)

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
I'm working on it right now.

EDIT: Here it is. Attached. Please post if you have any problems with it.

Oh and this is just the spinning trainer. Not a static one.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:33:09 AM by stripe103 »