RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
actor and enemy stats

Rep:
Level 82
i want my stats to be low, like in a normal rpg, e.g. ff7, where ill be doing like 40 damage with a special move, so i set my stats low, and to compensate i also made my first boss' stats low too, but i kill him in one hit, im doing over 300 damage, ill show all my stats, for my actor, the boss and the skill i used, could someone point out which set of stats is too high or too low please?
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
I'm only just starting to study all the battle algorithms.  The fact that your skill features the Beast element and your boss is weak against that element means whatever damage you do is going to be increased on him.

However, it looks like the algorithm also takes into account the ATK value of the weapon your character has equipped as well, even though you're using a skill and not a weapon.  You might check what the weapon was that was equipped at the time, and see if the ATK on it is a little high.  Also, if your character or the boss has any kind of statuses applied, that could enhance the damage you do.

Character agility and intelligence are also factors, and you haven't included images of those tabs.

I'd suggest to check the weapon, and if you don't think that would cause it, take a similar screen shot of the weapon stats, and those AGI and INT tabs for the character, and post here.  Are you also sure your character is at level 1 when fighting this boss?
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 87
oops - scratch that.  I assumed you were using the RTP, but I just saw another post where you're using a different battle script.  So what I discover from the standard battle script is probably not going to be helpful anyway.  Sorry.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 82
the battle system i am using is Atoa's side-view battle system using animated sprites instead of battlers

also i just played around with the weapon stats and it appears to have made a big difference, now i just need to fiddle with the enemies defenses again to balance it out.

thanks for your help
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:13:17 PM by shane2243 »