RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
missing image files.

Rep:
Level 82
Yeah, hi. I downloaded the trial version of RPG maker XP to see what it was like. immediate erroring :S for a start my antivirus is hyper sensitive so it blocked the first download meaning I had to go back and redownload it. after a few mins I finally had the download down. Extracted the zip folder and installed. Got the standard error about the Ntitles series etc. Followed guides on how to get rid of that. Works fine as a trial now with one difference.

There are no map files :S. I thought at first this was what rpg maker was like but then I saw some google image things and everyone had the same backgrounds so I decided to phone my mate who bought it and he said it should have a few maps pre-installed. He could not guide me further on the problem and suggested I come here, which is the first time I have been to this site actually. But yh.

So in essence the problem I am having is that there are no map images, all other images and sounds are there and I have checked my antivirus quarantine bin so I know it will have been downloaded correctly.
I have downloaded from: http://download.cnet.com/RPG-Maker-XP/3000-7537_4-10437117.html
and cnet is normally pretty good (it's where I first got my fl trial from. So errm, any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou, DJ Unlogical

well, by saying "map images" you mean tilesets right?
if so your mate is right, there should be some included, try to download once more.

Rep:
Level 82
I have tried redownloaded from a new recourse aswell as from the cnet. same error and yes I mean tilesets thankyou. I have uninstalled and installed correctly

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Did you install the RTP?

Otherwise there are the RTP ONLY here
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 07:38:43 PM by stripe103 »

Rep:
Level 82
Did you install the RTP?

Otherwise there are the RTP ONLY here

I did install but I decided to follow your RTP just to be sure. No luck I'm afraid. This is realy offputting lol, thanks for the ideas so far.

Rep:
Level 87
hold on - when you say there are no tilesets, are you saying you go to the Graphics/Tilesets folder and it's empty?  Or are you saying you open RMXP and in the new map it gives you by default, there's no tileset in the left panel to build your map with?  If you click on the Database and go to Tilesets tab, are there no images there as you scroll through the list?

When you first install RMXP, all the folders in Graphics will be empty.  Only stuff you import into the game goes in these folders.

If you don't see any images in the Tilesets tab in the database, that's a problem.  I'd suggest downloading from Enterbrain and reinstalling in that case.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 82
this might clarify things a little, I took some screenshots with snipping tools.  (yes I own windows 7 :] ) but yeah, I've tried everything I can think of, I downloaded RMXP from enterbrain website's link now and same problem. Maybe a problem with windows 7?

Rep:
Level 87
Very strange - I've never seen this.  The steps I normally use are:

- download from Enterbrain
- run setup.exe (or whatever the installer is called) as administrator
- in installer, choose to install RTP
- in installer, choose to install game engine
- find RMXP in installed location, change to run as administrator and in XP Compatibility mode

I wonder if your downloading and installing the RTP separately has placed it in a different spot and RMXP just doesn't know where to find it?

Rep:
Level 82
No luck. I instaleld RMXP to a different drive (E:\) and this time downloaded from link you said above. still no tilesets. I also downloaded someone's game to try, the actual game ap runs fine however when I try to open the project bones it shows only white maps... better not save it :/

Rep:
Level 87
Can you choose Game on the menu, Select RTP and ensure RTP 1 is set to Standard?

Rep:
Level 82
yes, I have made sure all scripting around the configuration setting are correct and I have also scanend each and every file with a line reader proving that there is data inside these files, which there is. I do, also, know how to install things thankyou.
[My appologies for harshness, but I am not an IT noob]

Rep:
Level 87
Forgive me for not knowing, without you having to say, that you're not an IT noob.  And forgive me for trying to help.

Rep:
Level 82
haha no i don't mean it like that, I'm not realy very mean, it's just a little basic language and I was extremerly tired last night. Anyways, formatted my hard-disk installed demo from enterbrain and same error, I think I will take this up with windows 7 customer support. (although they talk to me like an IT noob aswell so DW I will shout at them too)

PS. Sorry sorry sorry, I am a complete twat sometimes.

Rep:
Level 87
I can see customer support just telling you to go back to the manufacturer.

FWIW, I'm running on Windows 7 (32bit) and it works fine.  I can't think of any other reason why the tilesets are not showing up in your database, when the file is very clearly there and populated.

Out of interest, do your OTHER tabs in the database contain information?   You mentioned "other images and sounds are there" so I'm guessing yes.

Rep:
Level 82
yeah, and congradulations you read customer support's minds, would you like a job there, it's all they seem to do "go to your manufacturer please". Yeah, okay, here are my system specs:
--------system-----------
Manufacturer: MSI
rating: 4.5
Proccessor: AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core processor 5000+ 2.61GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 1.00Gb
system type: 32-bit operating system

------Rating extension------

proccessor:         5.6
Memory (RAM) :   4.5
Graphics:            5.4
Gaming graphics:  6.4
Primary Harddisk:  5.2

---> I have a custom built computer and all parts run correctly with every  current program I have installed (except this one obviously)

This is just to prove that it is not a fault with any components inside my computer.

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
This is the package I got RMXP from in the first place so I know that it works.
If this is not working, either it's wrong with your PC's hardware(which I don't think) or Windows 7.

[LINK]
(I hope this is not against the rules, but I don't think so since this isn't the full version)

EDIT: New Link
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:45:16 AM by stripe103 »

Rep:
Level 82
no luck and an apparent dead link =S this is starting to annoy me now, I got the PNG image files and tried loading them into RMXP... took AGES but worth it, for it worked..... untill I closed the program, opened it and the maps... they had gone :( So much wasted time ):

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
If you try to run the game do you get an error? Unable to find file Graphics/Titles/001-Title01.?

I can tell you that the quickest way to replicate what you get would be to remove the standard RTP from being used. I.e. having a game.ini file like this:
Code: [Select]
[Game]
Library=RGSS102E.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata
Title=Project1
RTP1=
RTP2=
RTP3=

If that is the case then just change the file to:
Code: [Select]
[Game]
Library=RGSS102E.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata
Title=Project1
RTP1=Standard
RTP2=
RTP3=

If this doesn't fixes the problem then the game cannot detect the location of the Standard RTP.
I would guess that the standard RTP can be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS\Standard on your computer if you have installed it. (Try searching for RGSS if you can't find it.)

You can also check if it is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Enterbrain\RGSS\RTP.
I have the 64-bit version of Windows 7 so I am not sure if that is the correct place.
You should a string value in the RTP key which looks something like this:
Name: Standard
Type: REG_SZ
Data: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS\Standard\

Please do try to tell what attempts you have done and if you are not confident messing around with the registry editor then don't.

*hugs*
 - Zeriab

Rep:
Level 82
registry editting is fun :) Just got back from my dad's for christmas, So anyways, tried everything you said and a few other... intresting codes... No luck, I'm hoping it is an error with my RAM... it's a very odd RAM... So I'm putting the demo onto a pendrive and installing onto my sister's PC (she wants it anyways) and we'll see where it gets me.

[to Zeriab, I'm impressed! you know a fair bit :)]

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I have been in this environment for quite a long time.

I seriously hope that it's some weird compatibility issue rather than a problem with your RAM.
Maybe it's some queer ACL settings which causes the problem.

If you can't get the standard RTP detection to work then you can put all the graphic into your working projects.
That way the RTP detection doesn't have to work ^_^
This is of course assuming that the RTP installs actual files. Otherwise if it works on your sisters computer you can export all the RTP files and copy them over to your computer and your projects.

*hugs*

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Have you tried to install VX, just to be shure that it isn't the computer it is wrong with?

Rep:
Level 82
right, installed fine on my sister's computer first time (same .exe, same method) SO ANGRY NOW! but yeah, replaced the RAM... finally.. is ALOT faster now, 2Gb RAM ftw!!

ANYWAYS put the new ram in and instaleld RMXP again..... OMG IT WORKS! the beatiful beautiful maps
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--> and guess what else? My computer is running smoother than a baby's bottem! :D <---

Thanks for all you help guyz amd guyessz

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Glad it worked out well. Though I can't stop wonder. How can it be the RAMs fault? My old laptop used to run RMXP well and it had only 512 Mb RAM(Not testing the game, only the editor). Odd... ???

Rep:
Level 82
i have no idea but windows has also stopped crashing since i replaced the ram... I mean it didn't crash THAT much before and it wasn't because of me overdoing things. It just didn't like shutting down very much (which i don't do much anyways. Thanks again