RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Blue screen of doom and restart loop. ;o;

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I'm in a computer lab right now, because my own computer has a serious problem.

Last night, I was in the middle of playing a game when everything suddenly froze up. It waited a few seconds and then did an automatic restart because of a system failure. It came to the windows loading screen, loaded up, and then the infamous blue screen of death flashed on my monitor for a split second before restarting the computer again because of system failure. "Well fuck, that's not good..." I said to myself. So I tried restarting in safe mood, but no sooner than it loaded up the files that it too did an automatic restart, not even flashing the blue screen at me. Needless to say, it's impossible to use my computer at the moment, which pretty much screws me over.

The last time this happened to me was last January on my parents computer, in which my brother had to take it over to Geek Squad and remove about 100+ viruses from the hard drive (go figure, my parents didn't trust anything but Norton) and my mother ended up frying the external hard drive with all of the data because she used the wrong power cable for it. I, however, don't even have time to take my computer anywhere, next week is finals week and I friggin' need my computer... not to mention I don't have the money to get this thing fixed.

Anyone able to help? I'm kinda desperate here.  :'(

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Have you tried only once to get into safe mode? If so I would keep trying, and then disable automatic restarts on bluescreens.

To do that, right click my computer -> properties -> advanced -> startup and recovery settings -> system failure -> untick automatic restart. Then you'll be able to read the BSOD and get the error code and file name (if any).

Though if you're able to get into safe mode I'd recommend doing a system restore =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Try to take a photo of the BSoD before it restarts.

Rep:
Level 83
well blue screens are caused by a few things, perhaps some info on what you where doing the time of the crash? idk, power outage, updating hardware, installing of some sort?
other wise i agree and that a system restore may need to be done, that is if you can get into safe mode....
and what os are your working with?
but maybe youd like to read up on this when you get back into this copmuter lab...
http://www.webnewswire.com/node/486924
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
I got the blues (;8) just yesterday (haven't slept since then so I guess you could say "earlier today" if you wanted to - but why would you want to say that?) for the first time on my newly-repaired laptop. Hooray...

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Have you tried only once to get into safe mode? If so I would keep trying, and then disable automatic restarts on bluescreens.

To do that, right click my computer -> properties -> advanced -> startup and recovery settings -> system failure -> untick automatic restart. Then you'll be able to read the BSOD and get the error code and file name (if any).

Though if you're able to get into safe mode I'd recommend doing a system restore =o

I've tried multiple times to get into safe mode to no avail. It will load up the files, then freeze for a second after loading and do an auto-restart again. I'd take a photo if I had a camera, but don't have one again. Is there at least some way to disable them from one of the start up or boot menus, or perhaps slow the screen down long enough to write it down?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Okay, managed to disable the automatic restart and get the code.

***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x857CDE7A, 0xF78E67B8, 0xF78E64B4)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
are you sure it's not 0x0000007F?
I can't find an 0x0000007E code.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
It's definitely 0x0000007E. I'm positive.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Are there any filenames associated with the error? If so, they should show up just under the code in the message box.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
For god sakes I hope you got it fixed by now.

You need to run a chkdsk on the drive and it should be fix no problem.

1. Get your windows cd an put it in your computer. When it prompts you hit "R" to start the recovery console. Follow the directions till you get to a prompt.
2. Type in the prompt:
Code: [Select]
chkdsk /f /r c:

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3