RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Actors Sharing HP?

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
This might be an unusual request, but I was wondering if there was any way for two actors to share an HP pool?

This is what I mean. Let's say Actor 1 and 2 share HP. Actor 1 gets hit, and takes 300 damage. Regardless of defense differences, Actor 2 takes 300 damage as well. On the other hand, if Actor 2 uses a potion/heal/etc, then Actor 1 will reap the same benefits of that as well. Does that make sense?

I don't care if it's events, a script, whatever works. Their MP pool(s) and states don't really matter to me, I could work with it either way, I would just really like to find a way to have them share HP. If there's anything out there like this I'd appreciate it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
hmm, i'll look into it. sounds like a fun puzzle to solve ^.^

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I'm not too much of a script buff, but this seems fairly possible using a event... Something along the lines of

If (ACTOR A) increases health
- increase (ACTOR B) health
ELSE
-
If (ACTOR A) loses health
- decrease (ACTOR B) health

Or somethin'... But, as of the moment, that means either making a common event script so that you can link to it in all battles and/or items, or finding some other way to automate this...

However, I haven't really looked at my RMVX in making that little dummy event, so I'm not sure if it will be even possible... I'll look into it.

(Sorry for necro-ing, I just really wanted to see this... Resolved, and now that I think about it, I think that I might be able to, kinda)
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.