RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
CPU running erratically, causes freezing

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Suddenly, my computer started doing this thing where the cpu is running crazy, and the "active" light on my case won't stop. I've gotten freezes a few times because of this. I just did a system restore to monday, and it worked for a bit, but then it started doing it again. Any tips?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'm guessing you've kept an eye on CPU usage with task manager when it happens?

However, Task Manager is very primitive, you might have better luck catching something misbehaving with Process Explorer =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 84
All Hail the Motherboard.
1. How long have you had this computer
2. Scanned it yet?
3. Do you think its a hardware problem?

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
If by freezing you mean you cannot move the mouse, it is most likely a hardware issue. Please go into more depth as to when the problems occurs, how often, and how long have you owned the PC.

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I fixed it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Resolved? If so, add [RESOLVED] to the topic title to allow other users to search for answers more efficiently.

:V

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
IT may also help other people if you tell them how you fixed it. :)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
at the very least it will sate our curiosity.