RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Noob needs some help, please and thank you.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Well guys Iv found this site to be pretty awesome and I plan on sticking around. I really enjoy RPGMVX and I am excited to learn more about it but it seams I have hit a bit of a road block.

I am working on my first game and I know very little about how conditions and switches and stuff work and I am trying to figure out how to make a boulder dissapear that I have places at the entrance of a town once the player completes a task.

So far I have it worked out so that once the player completes the task at hand(speaking to an NPC) they player can make the boulder disapear by pressing the action button on the boulder but there are two problems with this.

I want the boulder to disapear as soon as the player finishes speaking with the NPC, not after pressing enter on the boulder. Second problem is once the player enters a building and exits then the boulder re-appears.

I have this same re-apearing problem with making treasure chest as well. Once the player loots a chest I want it to display a open chest and stay that way withought allowing for multiple looting. Same thing with in game characters that I want to disapear after certain events which will reapear if the player enters a building.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

I could really use some help guys, sorry to be a pest.

Rep:
Level 83
"You come, You go, but first you lose an arm"
ummm idk if this sounds confusing, its hard for me to explain

you would make an new event on the boulder event, so event 1 (on the boulder) will have the sprite of the boulder, event 2 will be blank

in the NPC conversation have the boulder change to a blank sprite using the "Move event" tab then switch the event to the event with no boulder there

when u leave and come back the boulder should not be there
-=Renegade has come=- so has your death

thank you. I figured it out  :D

Rep:
Level 83
"You come, You go, but first you lose an arm"
-=Renegade has come=- so has your death