RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New here! How do I add new resources?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I have been fiddling around with RPGMVX for a while now and I have run into quite a few road blocks here and there but right now I am focusing on how to add new resources such as sprites or weapon sets. I am new to the forum and am unsure If I posted in the right spot. I appreciate any help and if anyone could link me to some useful tutorials for noobs that would be great.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Tools > Resource manager

Then select the category on the left and hit "Import" then find the resource you want to add.

thank you!  :D

Small problem. When I import the new resource it will only put a small piece of the picture/sprite on the game. I dont really know how to describe it but its like the selection size of the sprite set needs to be made bigger.

Also how do I change the background of the sprite to transparent so there isnt a colored background?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 04:00:27 AM by 2Cents »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
When you import images (that do now already have transparencies), the program will allow you to choose both a color that will be full transparent and a color that will be 50% transparent (as in shadows, this color is usually black).

As for small parts, if you import character sheets that are only 3 tiles wide and 4 tiles tall, you must name the file with a $ at the beginning of the file name like this: $filename.png
If you import character sheets that are 12 tiles wide and 8 tiles tall (like the RTP character files of the program) you do NOT need to include the $. If you import character sheets that -are NOT- actual characters (like NPCs) but are instead objects that can be interacted with in the game (like the random objects character sheets in the RTP), they all MUST include a ! in the filename like this: !objectsfilename.png
Of course you don't need to name it that, just just need the symbol at the beginning. However you are both creating an objects character sheet AND it is only 3x4 tiles large, then it MUST include a !$ or $! at the beginning of the filename.

If you have any other issues, post screenshots of the problem so we can see what you're talking about because you're not making the best of sense.

I have this set titled "!bron" I'm not sure what i need to do to get it properly fitted

This is another tileset I am having trouble properly fitting although it is a rather large set. Its the Ultimate Icon Set I got from the resources on this site.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
To import an icon set, you'll need to replace the one in Graphics/System. Right now you're attempting to import the icons in with the character sets.

Rename the icons to "IconSet" and import it via Graphics/System. Be aware that this will replace the default icons. There's no way to have more than one icon set, unfortunately.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Yeah, as Irock said, just rename your icon set as "Iconset". If you want to replace any of the existing RTP files in the System Folder, just rename a file the name of an existing file. For instance, if you want a new title screen image, then make your title screen and name it "Title" and put it in the Systems folder. That'll remove the RTP title and replace it with your own. As you've learned, same goes for the Iconset. This also goes the same for all the tile sets. You can only have 4 different tilesets. B, C, D, and E. TileA is broken into several different pages of autotiles. TileA1, TileA2, TileA3 and TileA4. Just make sure you know what you're replacing.

As for what Irock was saying about only having 1 iconset, he's correct. You have to put all the icons you have into one iconset. The iconsets can only be 384px wide but can be as tall as you want. Each icon is 24px by 24px. You can do the math.