RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request]how to make world map battle

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
slash slash and get it up
<How to make World map battle>
<November 23rd, 2009>

Summary
<<How to make the fight on the world map but different where different enemies>>

Features Desired
  • for example when passing sand monsters will fight against the sand, then through the grass opposite the other monsters, but in every place it is different monster
  • every place it is different monster
  • As the fight final fantasy world map

Mockups
<<No Image>>

Games its been in
  • such as Final Fantasy 1 to 10

Did you search?
<<yes>>

Where did you search?
  • some rpg maker website i've been searched

What did you search for?
  • Random World map battle
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:01:58 AM by akuya »
A B C D E F G H I J K ..... And after that .........
L .... M .... N .... O P.... hey !

What do you read !?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
There's no need for a script at all. VX has Areas. If you check out the mapping editor, you'll notice that you can make Maps and Areas. Areas are rectangular zones that you create on maps that can have a different set of monsters than what you set for the Map it's on. So say you set your map to only allow Slimes to attack you every 30 steps. You can set an Area on that map to make Goblins attack you every 30 steps as well. If you're on the map (not the area) then approximately every 30 step, you'll fight a Slime. If your in the Area on the map, then every 30 steps you'll fight either a Slime OR a Goblin.

If you want each Area to be unique, then do NOT set any monsters to attack on your map. Set ALL of the monsters you want to have in the Areas alone and make sure you cover your whole map with different Areas.

What YOU need to do, is make a World Map and then in the desert zone, create an Area and make that Area's monsters different than the Area you will set for a snowy zone. Just remember that you can only make rectangular Areas so if you have oddly shaped zones, you'll need to make more than 1 Area to fit the zone.

Also, a world map is nothing but a normal map but with different autotiles. Look up how to make a world map or look at the VX Resource Database for "TileE 3" for my TileE that has unique world map tiles as well as other extensions for you game graphics.

Moral of the story ~ you don't need a script in the least. VX does this already.
:)

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
slash slash and get it up
Should I make a lot of areas ???, it may take a long time,
but thank you for your advice  ;D
A B C D E F G H I J K ..... And after that .........
L .... M .... N .... O P.... hey !

What do you read !?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Are you serious?

Obviously you make a lot of areas. And no, it's not going to be quick, with or without a script. You're making a game. That doesn't happen over night unless you intend to make a terrible game.