RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pictures pop-in/out

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
The dark,quiet night is the best time of the day
I'm wondering if someone could help me with a script that makes pictures pop in in the middle of the screen after a skill is used,stays a few moments,and fades away before the animation starts. Just like in fighting games like mugen,grand chase etc.

I know it would be easy to put it into the skill animation,but it would limit the animation frames (even now it would be nice if i could combine 3 kinds of animations to make 1 skill XD).And it wouldn't be the same quality :3.

I tried with events but I failed x.x (yet again...)

So can anyone help me :D?
"Let the wings of an angel carry you on your way to happiness,even in hard times" ~O.d.l.T.~

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Make the skill call a common event. Then make a common event labeled the name of your skill (or whatever you want to do to organize it). Anyways, in the common event, make a show picture command and move it from off screen to on screen or to fade on or how ever you would like it to show up. I'm fairly positive that common events are called and performed before the rest of the skill is completed. So that means when the common event is finished, the skill will play out - which includes the skill animation. Very easy. If you can't do it or it isn't working how I had said, then please post a screenshot. You can upload images from your computer using sites like Tinypic.com or imageshack.us , etc.

Make the skill call a common event. Then make a common event labeled the name of your skill (or whatever you want to do to organize it). Anyways, in the common event, make a show picture command and move it from off screen to on screen or to fade on or how ever you would like it to show up. I'm fairly positive that common events are called and performed before the rest of the skill is completed. So that means when the common event is finished, the skill will play out - which includes the skill animation. Very easy. If you can't do it or it isn't working how I had said, then please post a screenshot. You can upload images from your computer using sites like Tinypic.com or imageshack.us , etc.

Well i tried the call common event but it failed :( it just didnt do anything,just did the skill.

Screenshot of what? From the maker or a picture of the thing i'm asking?
"Let the wings of an angel carry you on your way to happiness,even in hard times" ~O.d.l.T.~

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
A screenshot of your database - The common event that I said make, and also a screenshot of the database of the Skill you were making.

A screenshot of your database - The common event that I said make, and also a screenshot of the database of the Skill you were making.

Here:
-event

-skill

I tried again (since I had the event deleted), this time it did work...but after the skill was cast  :( I probly did something wrong again :-\
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:31:50 PM by phoenixn91 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Well if it happens after the animation, then perhaps I was incorrect in assuming that the common event processes before the animation. It did for me when I used a movie script for summon animations.

Well if it happens after the animation, then perhaps I was incorrect in assuming that the common event processes before the animation. It did for me when I used a movie script for summon animations.

so in the end I do need a script for this ^^"

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm probably going to say you need a small scriptbit to re-organize the order of processes. Like, have the Common Event play first, then have the skill play out. That way you can still primarily event it and it'll save a scripter a lot of unnecessary work.

I'm probably going to say you need a small scriptbit to re-organize the order of processes. Like, have the Common Event play first, then have the skill play out. That way you can still primarily event it and it'll save a scripter a lot of unnecessary work.

Sounds good as long as it works o-o

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Forum Lurker
Hm, just a thought.

Why don't you try adding blank frames to the animation at the beginning so that the picture has time to play before the actual animation starts?
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
it doesn't work like that. They don't process at the same time, they process one at a time. So one goes first then the other goes. Your solution might work if they only were processed at the same time.

it's a pity :/ until its resolved i can't continue the creation of game x.x

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm sure you could. Moving pictures in a game for a battle animation are shit for making a game. They rank the -lowest- on things you could be doing. You shouldn't even be caring until you're finalizing your game anyways.

I'm sure you could. Moving pictures in a game for a battle animation are shit for making a game. They rank the -lowest- on things you could be doing. You shouldn't even be caring until you're finalizing your game anyways.

well to be precise,i cant continue making the characters fully without the skills,and i dont want this to happen : this problem remains,all skills done,but problem still isnt resolved,i have to put the pic into animation,all the skill work all over again XD

usually i make characters first,so i wont make minor mistakes while making the rest of the game (story/maps/ etc) - i try to evade small errors always :3 it was hell once when i finished a smaller game and it was full of problems XD -

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Ah, well have you considered making a to-do list? I find that it helps when making a game. That way you don't forget something. Like this for instance, if you can't find someone for this right now, circle it on the list and go to the next thing, then come back to this when you are actually out of options or if someone replies with the solution. :)
It goes for anything.

Ah, well have you considered making a to-do list? I find that it helps when making a game. That way you don't forget something. Like this for instance, if you can't find someone for this right now, circle it on the list and go to the next thing, then come back to this when you are actually out of options or if someone replies with the solution. :)
It goes for anything.

in a way i do have a to-do list =) when i have time i plan other things i will put in later when the problem i have dissapears (which is this curently) -i may be trying to avoid mistakes but i wont leave other things last :3 gonna do the hard parts separately before putting in them in the game -

thanks for the advice tho  ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Forum Lurker
Hm, okay, then why don't you make the picture thing into an animation as well?

Then you do Show Animation during the common event instead.

The problem with that though is that it will be hard to place the animation on the enemy directly.
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote

Hm, okay, then why don't you make the picture thing into an animation as well?

Then you do Show Animation during the common event instead.

The problem with that though is that it will be hard to place the animation on the enemy directly.

once i have no other choice i'll try that :/ hopefully someone will write that small script grafikal mentioned =)

thanks thanks =)

failed again -.-' (almost worked XD) any other ideas :3? anyone? or a small scriptbit that grafikal mentioned x.x?