RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
errr..... wha happened to FACES???

pokeball APGOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 82
ok yeah, I totally understand that enterbrain had to remove the faces.
the thing is, since there's no face select thing anymore, how do you script it or what ever?

even better, could someone please show me how to make a conversation with faces (the faces in my game are going to be the persons chara)?

I'm a total nub,
APG
Baaaa

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
You'll need an advanced message system. There is no default face system, so you'll need something like ccoa's UMS or DubeAlex's AMS. Search around for it, I'm sure you'll find it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Also, you may be able to use pictures as well. Like:

Show Pic: 1 [Hero Upper Body]
Move Pic: (From left to right)
Text: Blah blah blah.

So you'd have the pic of the hero slide in from off screen to the left lower corner of the screen. And no, I do not imply that it would be over top of the text message, it's so that if you have a full body image of the hero, you can slide it in and the Head and shoulders would be above the text, while the rest of the body would be hidden or slightly transparent behind the text message. Then to get rid of him, you can slide him off and then erase it, or if you want like another character to start talking, you can leave the hero image up there and then slide in the other character that's talking from off screen to the right side of the message, etc.

However, if you want something fancy like the face IN the message, then do as Zylos said and look for those scripts.

pokeball APGOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 82
thanks for the suggestions!
Baaaa