RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Photoshoop CS3

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It was working just yesterday. ;-; It just crashes at the splash screen before it says it's even loading anything. I've tried searching but people seem to only be having a TWAIN error thing. >_>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:51:49 PM by Not Halo »

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Im kinda thinking its more of a bad install, or its not cooperating with your hardware. Ive installed photoshop on horrible computers, it loaded every time, but just performed so bad and bogged my computers to death.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You might need to reinstall. I'm just assuming because if you can't even start it up, then that might be the only solution. If you're trying to open an existing PSD or other image then what Kipe said may ring true (if the image you're trying to open photoshop is too large). However, it's just opening it as basic, then reinstall.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I have 2GB RAM.

I'm not sure how it could be a bad install considering PS3 was working before and isn't working now.

I've already tried a re-install but the results are the same.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Hmm, Perhaps it is a registry error. If you open your task manager, is the photoshop process running?
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Not right now. If I start it up, yeah, it is. :P

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Does it stay though. Even after nothing shows up? Or does it seem that the whole programs exits out of itself. Is it a full crash with an error message?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Pictures speak louder than words:

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
you should post the technical nature of the problem by pressing that click here button. That may tell us what kind of error it is.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That error signature's probably the only thing that'll indicate anything since the technical error report is WAYYYY tl;dr. A majority of it's in hexadecimal and crap.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
I agree with Arlen, however when you uninstall, you may want to make sure all traces of photoshop are gone before you reinstall.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I probably should have read the rest of the thread.

But yeah, make sure all traces are gone, and re-install.
...if you're installing a not-so-legit version on Photoshop, that may be your issue, Adobe's tricky with their anti-pirating stuff sometimes.
Adobe tends to connect to the internet without telling you, and might shut you down if it learns that you're not using a legit copy. (in before Roph tells me otherwise)

When did you first install this program?
Did you update it since?
Have you installed anything new, since? Like fonts, new brush sets, or anything else that could possibly interfere with Photoshop?

(Also, why not just get CS4? lol)

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
It's referencing gdiplus.dll there. GDI+ is the API near the core of windows which applications require use of to literally draw parts of their windows with. Try disabling XP themes, or if you're running some other skinning/customisation app, disable it.

I want to just say photoshop is a bloated piece of shit and you deserve this problem for installing it. But hey, at least you got further than me; adobe's installer is such a piece of shit that I can't even install any of their software on my computer! :)

But meh. Obviously GDI+ itself is working or you wouldn't even be able to use windows, get that error box or post about it here. The problem, quite unsurprisingly, is almost certainly photoshop's.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:17:20 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
When did you first install this program?
Did you update it since?
Have you installed anything new, since? Like fonts, new brush sets, or anything else that could possibly interfere with Photoshop?

(Also, why not just get CS4? lol)
Idk it was a while ago. It's been lurking on my computer for quite some time and I've just recently started using it. I have installed new fonts before but, when I did, it was for photoshop and it worked.

idk, lol

@Roph: I'll get the error box when I come back from school; it's pretty gay because I can't copy/paste it and it's hella long.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Well Good luck! Hopefully you can get it working.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Spoiler for Spoiler to save those who want to skip this post:

There's 48 more module thingies... Do you still want them? =_=

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay, problem resolved so don't go worrying. Microsoft must just have made some dumb error in an update because update + restart = PSCS3 wants to work now all of a sudden.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
or maybe you're just dumb :O

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, obviously Microsoft is dumb. :mad:

EDIT: They also fixed my problems with 2DF
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:58:59 AM by Not Halo »