RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request: Script to hide/unhide text-box with one key

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hello, Since I am making a Visual Novel (Japanese-style) it's very important that my graphics at any moment can be viewed in it's full glory. In some very important scenes there will be lots of text-boxes on the screen that partially will hide some very important graphical features (ehmmm...) - So...

I need some sort of script that with a press of a key will "hide" a textbox and with the pressing of the same key again will unhide the textbox. I guess it's a bit hard for me to fully explain this as a picture would say more than 1000 words (hold on wile I take one).

Before I continue, I just want to add that I managed to get my project going thanks to earlier help in this forum (had lots of issues with character sprite vanishing behind the main image...) - so, to get back on track:

- Look "behind" the semi-transparent text box and you see how the character sprite still is seen, now, as told earlier, sooner or later the player really (I mean REALLY) want to see a full non-cluttered image, and it's here the script comes in, i.e. the user press key-button "H" (as an example) and tada text-box is hidden, and the user presses "H" again, and its back...

So, my question, is there allready a feature in VX that does this (I might have missed it), or must it be coded in? I use Modern A's Advanced Text System 2, but the options in it are so complicated, so even he might already have the feature implemented?

Any kind help are most welcome!

O. 

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
script request~ I'm moving it there.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Here is how I have made a temporary solution (see code in Image1). When the player holds down "Shift" and (as normal) press Z to continue, he/she will enter an alternate path that show no textbox (see Image 3). Actually, this is what I really want to archive, but I am NOT happy with the actual way I have implemented this.

A clean solution would be that the user at *any time* can press (as example SHIFT - or even better, another special key not used by the game) to hide/unhide the textbox (see Image2).

Any kind help are most welcome

O.