RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
http://ryanleber.com -- Help me test!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Hey! So I finally put up the Ops Via video, and the gameplay video for Quest for the Muse.

http://ryanleber.com

They're long. One's 13 minutes, the other is 16 minutes. So, they're pretty large files. Maybe too large? They're both about 150MB.

So, test it out for me. Let me know if they load fast enough for you, or if it's failing miserably, in which case I'll try to make them smaller.

Yes, Roph, they're .flv. I tried x264 mp4's a few weeks ago, but they wouldn't play in my JWPlayer. It MAY have been a catastrophic upload error, because THIS time, for THESE flv versions, I had to try 3 different FTP clients, on 3 different internet services until it FINALLY uploaded without error. I FINALLY got them uploaded through FileZilla, and I think the only reason it worked is because I'm here in the goddamn server room at my university, so I'm uploading from the goddamn source of our internet before all the limits and crap get to it.

But yeah, try it out for me.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
Both took forever for me to start them, Arlen, and then when they finally started, they'd stop every few seconds to load some more, and my internet is fairly decent over here.  Very annoying.  D:

Rep:
Level 96
Alright, I'll try reducing the file size when I get off of work.

Thought it works alright, here. It does take a few seconds to load, but I can see it downloading the video faster than it's playing it. Maybe if you paused it for a second, to let more of it load?

(Thanks, by the way. :D)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:42:10 PM by Arlen »

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
I did try that -- let it go for a good minute -- but when I unpaused it, I just had the same problem.  It's almost like it stopped downloading when I paused it.

(np <3)

Rep:
Level 96
FIXED!?!?!?

I re-uploaded the largest four videos. Agrarian Synthesis and TimeStep are now each 30MB smaller, and Quest for the Muse and Ops Via are each 70MB smaller.

I'm pretty happy with the file sizes, AND I GOT THEM TO STREAM RIGHT!

So check them out again (everyone), and let me know if there's any more issues.

<3

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
yay, and thus i saw the last 54 seconds

Rep:
Level 96