RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
All images into their own .rvdata file?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Is there any script, module or addon (or any other trick) for RMVX that lets the user put all or some graphic resources (images) into a .rvdata file like all the scripts go into Scripts.rvdata...?

Also, for me it feels more practical to have huge collections of images into one file, so it's not that I at all costs want to "hide" anyone to see the images other than in the game.

The very best regards

O.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I think the generic file type is ZIP or RAR. It's when people take a large collection of images inside of a single folder and do this crazy thing called compressing files. Weird, I know. :V

Also, if you lock down your game when you export it, your images won't be seen and your game can't be edited. Only the audio will remain seen, so the least you could do is set a file naming convention for your audio tracks in your game (only the non-rtp ones).

Other than all that, I don't know why you care. VX and XP, and probably 2k3 all have excellent file management.

The only options I see when exporting the game (compile it) is Create Encrypted Archive and Include RTP data - where is the "lock down" feature? I really want to lock down my game's picture folder, so please do explain how to do it with more details of possible.

Since I am making a Visual Novel it's a bit bad if the user cheat by looking in the pictures folder i.e. that way he/she can see the "good parts" to easy. Visual Novel games have never been big in the west, but in Asia, oh... ^.^;;;

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Forum Lurker
Create Encrypted Archive is the lock down feature.
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Create Encrypted Archive is the lock down feature.

This. :)

Create Encrypted Archive will encrypt all your data except for your audio folder. All your graphics will be fine.

Aye, now everything works like a dance... Thanks so much for your help!  ;D