RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Planeswalker

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Temperance Games Original
GIAW:V 1st Place Contestant
Download Link

November 2009
Excited and Nervous, scientists in europe fired up what could be argued as man's largest scale
experiment in history.  The Large Hadron Collider.
All systems checked clean and the recent repairs and modifications were holding well.
Soon thereafter, the first protons were entered into the system, and were collided.
The Science Team hadn't the time to react to the readings, as the rift opened and engulfed them all
in an instant..

The characters of Planeswalker have all been changed by this new dimension.  Each have lost
the most important aspect of what makes them who they are.

Meeting up by chance, they have decided it's time to go.

Amaranth

A freelance reporter who snuck through the portal in an effort to break the story of this new dimension.
What he lost is a mystery to his comrades.
Starting Element - Wind
Starting Strength - Speed

Sydney

A young poet who made the voyage into the new realm in search of new inspiration.
Sydney has lost her emotions, becoming a restless sociopath.
Starting Element - Savior
Starting Strength - Special

Claire

A historian looking to catalogue quite possibly the greatest historical event within the last
hundred years.  She has lost her long term memory and cannot recall anything before having stepped
through the portal.
Starting Element - Fire
Starting Strength - Physical

Planeswalker is styled as a Classic RPG.
Some unique features include:

Skill Shop:
At save points, buy any skill for any character, allowing for total customization of battle strategy.

Skill Equip System:
Just buying skills isn't enough, you have to equip them too.  Each character can Equip up to 8 skills, so plan carefully.

Stat Points:
Each time your characters level up, they gain a few points for you to distribute to their stats.  Play with strengths and weaknesses to make your party how you want it.

Edible Flora:
There are some edible plants that you can harvest around this world, keep an eye out, they'll help out in a tight spot.

Strategic Turns Battle System:
Planeswalker uses a unique battle system created by NAMKCOR and programmed by Blizzard.
With the STBS, Characters and Enemies can act multiple times per turn, allowing for extensive planning and strategy.
Further information is included in the Manual.

Spoiler for title:
Spoiler for swamp:
Spoiler for battle:
Spoiler for jail:

- blizzard
- ccoa
- game_guy
- ryex
- Kevin MacLeod
- pickles
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:11:49 PM by modern algebra »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
The title of the game reminds me strictly of Magic the Gathering.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
It has absolutely nothing to do with the modern Planeswalker cards.
I have had this story in my head since Highschool (well...the main story, this is a prologue to it)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I wasn't really referring to the cards as I was just the MTG lore in general. Planeswalkers have been since the beginning of MTG. It's only recently that Wizard included cards as them.

Regardless, I totally love the screenshots and features you have in this. I'll definitely be downloading this later sometime when I can get a good hour or so of free time in.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Regardless, I totally love the screenshots and features you have in this. I'll definitely be downloading this later sometime when I can get a good hour or so of free time in.

you'll need like 2 hours lol.
I'll put the download link up when I get home.
school internet is shitty and wont' let me upload anything.

ninjabump: download link added.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
That story is probably the most interesting story I've ever seen in an RPG Maker game.
It's looking quite good, good luck on getting this thing finished. ^_^

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I like the prologue. I don't think I've seen a game that uses the LHC as a plot device of sorts, so bonus points for originality. Other than that, I like the battle system. It seems very clean.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves.
(Also glad the topic is getting attention lol)

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Attractive Female Member
Played through the first zone so far. Really digging this battle system and the mapping.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thank you joy, that battle system is going to be a staple across the Planeswalker series.

(this is the prologue for a larger story "Planeswalker Chronicles")

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I played this during the GIAW as a judge, and I thought it was impressive then.  Suberb mapping and grand choice of original music, plus with an excellent and unique battle system and motivating story. Lets see how you've improved it since the GIAW.

Also, why is this still in RMXP Projects? Come on now, Nam, you're a super mod, move your shit to the finished projects board on your own.  :mad:

;8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I played this during the GIAW as a judge, and I thought it was impressive then.  Suberb mapping and grand choice of original music, plus with an excellent and unique battle system and motivating story. Lets see how you've improved it since the GIAW.

Also, why is this still in RMXP Projects? Come on now, Nam, you're a super mod, move your shit to the finished projects board on your own.  :mad:

;8

I sped up leveling a bit, and lowered the random encounter rate to make it easier on players.

Also it'd get Zero attention in finished projects.  I'd like the game to be seen and played by interested people before moving it into a dead archive of projects that nobody reads about.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Loved the Mapping in this game. Those battles had made me think rather than 'spamming'. :0 Loved the Music, and liked the overall story, I have to say, that ending sure was surprising :3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Loved the Mapping in this game. Those battles had made me think rather than 'spamming'. :0 Loved the Music, and liked the overall story, I have to say, that ending sure was surprising :3

I'm glad you liked the game Karo :)

Rep:
Level 82
you went to the game

your image is kind of offensive, if it's that important to you, make it a little smaller and place it in your signature.
~grafikal
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:39:01 PM by grafikal »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I went to the game?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
yeah sorry, i can't fix his stupid outside of the VX forums. I've been cleaning up random spammy videos and images that he's been posting like mad in the VX forums.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
you went to the game

:mad: :mad: Don't spam great Game Thread with offensive cr*p

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I don't get it.

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
Great game, it was fun and felt really original and unique. Loved the battle/advancing system.

Only problems I could find were some slight mapping/eventing errors that you overlooked with simple solutions.

Spoiler for:

That is no bird (change to directional fix)
Spoiler for:

Clair steps forward... onto the top of a rock (move the rock one space down or to the left)
Spoiler for:

all papers on the wall of the jail are climbable, this is just one of the few times you can get two in a row (make non passable)
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks for the feedback, I thought for sure I had fixed that bird thing, and I didn't know about the last mapping error so I'll go fix those now.

as for the battle screens, I put them together in a rush and there are a couple where she walks over something she otherwise shouldn't.
Basically the battleback is a 640x480 screenshot of a map you can't go to in the game.
I just didn't get around to fixing that one before I finished the game

Edit:
> passability fixed
> bird fixed
> beach battleback fixed
-- uploading version 1.04
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:54:53 AM by HaloOfTheMoon »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
When you have 1.04 uploaded, I'll download and play =]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
v1.04 is uploaded and the download link is updated.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I must say Namckor, this is one of those games that I wish it just didn't finish >__>;;

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
Am I the only one who saw the ending coming... and does that mean there is something wrong with me?
(What, you don't know the ending? Then play NAMCOR's awesome game to find out.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:21:58 AM by NPC »
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?