RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
LastEnd RPG Maker (Alpha)

Rep: +0/-0Level 82

LastEnd RPG Maker gives you the power to create your own original role-playing games without any special knowledge or training. All you need is a computer an a imagination, and your on the way to making your own game. LastEnd RPG Maker allow for almost endless maps that can contain up to 4,000,000 tiles. Let's take a look at some more of its features.

You might think it's hard to make a game, but it's a breeze to find your way around LastEnd RPG Maker. First, make a map that'll serve as the stage for your adventure, then set up your Player, NPC (enemy monsters), items, magic-everything you need for a good RPG. Finally, create some events and place them around the map. Once complete all you have to do is hit the build game option and your very own original RPG is complete. Mapmaking is as simple as a jigsaw puzzle when you have tiles to work with, and with 4 layers you can make it look and feel the way you want it. You can even use ready-made graphics for the player and monsters, so all you have to do is give them some stats and a name.

Feature Explorer - Full Feature Break Down

LastEnd.com - Main website, and Forums
 Stumbleupon.com LastEnd - LRM Favorite sites
 Twitter.com/LastEnd - Blog about the project
 Youtube.com LastEnd - Find Videos about the project
Facebook.com LastEnd - Blog about the project, Find pictures and comment on the project
 MySpace.com/LastEnd.com - Blog about the project, Find pictures and comment on the project

Place one or more of these in your signature or on your website to help spread the word about LRM.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:40:47 PM by lastend »

Rep:
Level 87
the screenshots on your site are really small.  I can't even click them to enlarge.  I'd really like a better look at them.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Yea sorry the site is way behind the project. I have one other HD picture i'll post bellow.

Spoiler for:

Also the site does have a video posted on the download page; however it is way out dated. It's showing the old interface.

Rep:
Level 87
post back again when your site is more up to date.  I'd like to check it out then (no time to download and experiment now, & I'd rather see the pictures first)
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

I gave the site a small make over. I added a little css style sheet to control some of the font, a FAQ page, and a picture veiwer for the screenshot page.

LastEnd RPG Maker

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 10:36:29 AM by lastend »

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
this might sound random. But I would like to help out with your SITE, if you would like. I know a decent amount of HTML and CSS, and will be getting into Javascript and PHP next semester at college.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
I also have a prototype banner for you. Tell me if you like it!
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

You can submit any work by using the help wanted link at the bottom of the site. The new address is http://lastend.com .

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Im just looking for something different to do. Take it or leave it lol.

Here what the map creation window looks like.

Spoiler for:

Here two new custom scripting functions.

Playscreen_Camera_Goto(int x, int y)
Jumps the view to this location on the board.

Playscreen_Camera_GotoSmooth(int x, int y)
Moves the view to this location on the board.

Rep:
Level 84
All Hail the Motherboard.
Dude ive been watching this thread,gotta say im a little impressed,
I like the fact thats its been made and C# as well.Tell me is the Custom Scripting Also in C#?

The scripting is in Lua. Lua is much like c#. Lua can do just about anything that c# but via script. You can find out more about the scripting in the engine at http://lastend.com/Scripting.aspx . If you want to see the base script it at http://Lua.org .

Rep:
Level 84
Ah Yes, just as good! Release it soon please!
I've done a little work with Lua before as well, so hurry!!!

It will be out sometime in 2010. Keep checking the website because once beta hits there we be a limmit amount of beta testers accepted.

P.S. The link for beta signup will show up on the Support / FAQ page.

I didn't like how the UI scripting was looking. So I put the UI objects in sub classes of the UI class. At any rate it looks better and is easier to remember syntaxs.

Code: [Select]
dofile("Scripting\\Base\\Keys.lua")
Scripting_RegisterClass("ui")
Scripting_RegisterClass("engine")

dialogID = nil

function loadUI()
  local _width = Engine.GetWindowWidth()
  local _height = Engine.GetWindowHeight()
  local _offsetX = _width - 160

dialogID = UI.Dialog.Add(0, 0, _width, _height)
  UI.Dialog.SetColors(dialogID, 0, 0, 0, UI.ARGB("Blue"))
  UI.Dialog.SetCaption(dialogID, "Main Menu", UI.ARGB("White"), 30)
  UI.Button.Add(dialogID, 12, "UI Test", _offsetX, _height - 136, 150, 20, "UI.Load('UI Test.lua', true)", -1)
  UI.Button.Add(dialogID, 13, "Play", _offsetX, _height - 112, 150, 20, "UI.Load('PlayMenu.lua', true)", Keys.Enter)
  UI.Button.Add(dialogID, 14, "Settings", _offsetX, _height - 88, 150, 20, "Engine.ShowVideoSettings()", -1)
  UI.Button.Add(dialogID, 15, "Exit", _offsetX, _height - 64, 150, 20, "Engine.CloseWindow()", Keys.Escape)
end

loadUI() -- Is in a function so its attributes drop out of memory once out of scope.

function resize()
  local _width = Engine.GetWindowWidth()
  local _height = Engine.GetWindowHeight()
  local _offsetX = _width - 160

UI.Dialog.SetSize(dialogID, _width, _height)
  UI.Button.SetLocation(dialogID, 12, _offsetX, _height - 136)
  UI.Button.SetLocation(dialogID, 13, _offsetX, _height - 112)
  UI.Button.SetLocation(dialogID, 14, _offsetX, _height - 88)
  UI.Button.SetLocation(dialogID, 15, _offsetX, _height - 64)
end

Here a list of all the dialog commands. Let me know if you want anymore added.

Information
The UI Dialog class allows you control over dialogs. All of the following commands can be accessed by using [ UI.Dialog. ] You will have to register the UI class. 

Functions

int Add(int x, int y, int width, int height )
Add a dialog. Returns the id of the created dialog.

SetCaption(int dialogID, string text, int fontColor, int height)
Creates and enables the caption.

SetColor(int dialogID, int color)
Set the background color of the dialog.

SetColors(int dialogID, int topLeft, int topRight, int bottomLeft, int bottomRight)
Set the background blended colors of the dialog.

SetLocation(int dialogID, int x, int y)
Set the dialog location.

SetSize(int dialogID, int width, int height)
Set the dialog size.

SetFont(int dialogID, string faceName, uint size)
Set the dialog font.

SetFontColor(int dialogID, int fontColor)
Set the dialog font color.

...The site will be updated once we get a few more of the scripted objects documented...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Creating an engine is no simple task, much less do any of them usually make it as far as yours has. 

Good luck.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Here a small list of features for the LastEnd RPG Maker built in script editor and a screenshot.

FEATURES
     Function lookup
     Colored Syntax Highlighting
     Intellisense
     Text Zoom
     Find, Replace, Replace all
     Cut, Copy, Paste
     Debugging

Rep:
Level 84
Oh man im dieing for this beta.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
That script editor is very, very similar to the one used in Game Maker. I kinda like that.

Here a other screenshot of the script editor.

I added attribute highlighting to the script editor Intellisense.

Rep:
Level 84
Wow man things are looking really good so far keep it up

Texture Area Editor: Allow you to select part of a texture for the object graphic. By filping the selection box you can flip or mirror objects with a simple click an drag of the mouse.

The texture shown is for the gui objects. The texture it self is still a work in progress.