RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] A Poem by Doctor Sword

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I got a phone call from the lord
It was a call like every other
Said he was pretty bored
Asked if I could come over
And so I did

Now my mother's gettin worried
Haven't seen me in awhile
So much love to give
For her one and only child
And so she gave

Now twas she who called our father
Twas she who sounded bothered
Twas she who told the lord
She'd be the next one to be slaughtered
And so she was

Now we are all together
In the kingdom of the sky
But hey don't worry it's all a dream
Cause Heaven is a lie.

In my opinion the ending ruins it, but I don't think it's very good in the first place so whatever.
Comments and shit please :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:44:12 AM by boe »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
It doesn't grab me, but it isn't bad. At first I thought the fifth stanzas in the first three verses were awkward, but they grew on me. I wonder if a fifth line couldn't be added to the fourth verse, just to make it homogenous?

The more I read it, the more it makes sense. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 5 being indifferent and 1 being hate, I give it 6.5, maybe 7.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I toyed around with adding 'And so it is' to the end. But it doesn't sound right to me ;9

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Then by all means, omit it. It flows pretty well without, I think.

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, thanks for the critique

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Keine probleme, mein freund.