RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
JWPlayer won't play flv files?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Isn't that what it's built for?

I have .mov files, and Adobe Media Converter CS4 to convert them to flv's. I tried Flash 7, and Flash 8 versions of the FLV format. Adobe OWNS the FLV format, don't they? So if there's a converter program I'm gonna trust, it should be that one, right? But when I try to play it through firefox, using the JWPlayer, it says "video not found or access denied."

My JWPlayer works for all my mp3 files, so I don't think it's the code I'm messing up.

...so what am I missing, here?

Code: [Select]
<p style="margin: 2px;" align="center" id='preview7'>Western Soundtrack Video</p>
<script type='text/javascript' src='design/swfobject.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
var s1 = new SWFObject('design/player.swf','player','480','360','9');
s1.addVariable('type', 'flv');
s1.addParam('allowfullscreen','true');
s1.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always');
s1.addParam('flashvars','file=content/western.flv');
s1.write('preview7');
</script>

And yes, i checked my file structure.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:07:43 PM by arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
For type, try video instead of flv.

And FLV is outdated, flash now supports h.264 video and all flavours of AAC audio inside an MP4 container.

It's also better to specify the file's location with an absolute path.

Embedding with no javascript is less complicated also, this is how rmrk's video player works:

Code: [Select]
<embed src="http://rmrk.net/src/mp3player.swf" width="575" height="324" flashvars="file=http://slyph.org/magsu/m/The%20Little%20Mermaid.mp4&type=video" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Changed to mp4, AAC 192 kbps audio, NTSC preset for video. Still having the exact same problem.

Tried your code. No change.

I can't use absolute paths because the site is still offline, and I don't want to upload things just yet.

This is really annoying me.

Rep:
Level 96
Nevermind, I got it. For some retarded reason, EVERYTHING has to be in the same folder. The html file, the video, the player, and the script.